Published in the August 2 – August 15, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life
• Join others in evening and Saturday morning walks. Meet at Main and Hale avenues from 6 to 7 p.m. They also take 90-minute walks every Saturday at 9 a.m. These walks are at a moderate pace and include some hills. For more information, call (408) 779-7592 or e-mail Mariepsych@aol.com.
Line dancing lessons
• Enjoy line dancing lessons from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
Kiwanis meet regularly
• The Morgan Hill Kiwanis Club meets at 7 p.m. at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave. For more information, call (408) 659-0350.
• Cecelia’s Closet, a program under the Edward Boss Prado Foundation, will provide free clothing to families in need. No ID required and no questions asked. Supply is subject to availability based on inventory. The Closet is located at 35 Peebles Ave., Morgan Hill. For more information, call (408) 670-0266.
Breakfast at LeTip meetings
• LeTip is a group of business people who meet and trade leads while enjoying a free breakfast at 7 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach. Come visit and see if you would like to join the group. For more information, call (408) 410-4782.
Flower Lovers meet
• The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers Club meets from 12:15 to 2 p.m. in the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center’s El Toro room. No dues are paid but a donation of $1 is requested to defray refreshment costs. For more information, contact Suzanne Barrett at svbarrett683 @gmail.com.
SV Woodworkers meet
• If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. For more information, visit www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Learn public speaking skills
• Interested in building your public speaking and leadership skills? If so, come and check out the Morgan Hill Toastmasters Club’s weekly meeting at 7:30 a.m., at the MHUSD office, 15600 Concord Circle. For more information, visit www.morganhill.toastmastersclubs.org.
Learn about history
• Meet others at 1 p.m. for a round table history conversation about Morgan Hill and the surrounding areas at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Contact Mike at (408) 234-6377 in advance as other events can preempt the conversations.
Horsemen’s Association meets
• The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. For more information, visit www.smhorse.org.
Bingo benefits bands
• The Live Oak Emerald Regime holds bingo games at Britton Middle School, 80 W. Central Ave. Saturday, doors open at 4:15 p.m., Sunday, doors open at 11:45 a.m. For more information, visit www.emeraldregime.org/bingo_page.htm.
Mixed Media Gelli Printmaking Class
• Create, print and explore gelli printing basics in this intro to printmaking class from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at BookSmart, 1295 E. Dunne Ave. Participants will use paints along with a variety of art supplies. The class fee is $30 and includes instruction and supplies. The class is for focused individuals 8 to 88. To register, call BookSmart at (408) 778-6467.
Aug. 3 & 5
Free clothing giveaway
• Visit The Community Closet, 13570 Depot St. in San Martin for a free backpack with supplies giveaway, From 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 3 and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 5.
History at the House
• Community members who have an experience level, a range of knowledge, and a willingness to share their perspectives about our local history and landscapes are invited to join in the conversation from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Wine tasting immediately following.
Aug. 5 & 6
Wine taste at Villa Mira Monte
• Taste wine from Mann Cellars & Paradise Valley Vineyards from noon to 5 p.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Bring a picnic snack and buy a bottle and enjoy the ambiance. This is a great starting point for exploring history, regional wineries as well as shopping and dining in downtown. A $5 tasting fee applies at each winery; applies to bottle purchase.
Garden Railroad Tour
• The Bay Area Garden Railway Society and South County Railroaders invite the public to the 23rd Annual Garden Railroad Tour that benefits the St. Joseph’s Center in Gilroy and the Food Bank of San Benito County. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. visit 10 stunning model railways running through some of the most spectacular backyard gardens in Gilroy, Morgan Hill, Hollister and Aromas. Help those in need by bringing a non-perishable foot item to donate at any of the homes. Cash or check to St. Joseph’s Center or Food Bank of San Benito County are greatly appreciated. For a guide book and additional information, email email@example.com.
Take a Downtown Historic Walking Tour
• Come experience the rich history of the buildings in downtown Morgan Hill from 10 a.m. to noon. Walk into the past and learn about the buildings and the characters that built, owned and operated them through the years. Docent led tours are free, donations graciously accepted. Meet at the Third Street Plaza at Monterey Road.
Planning fall and winter vegetable garden
• There are many vegetables that can be grown in the fall and winter. Leafy greens, root vegetables, broccoli and other cool season crops will be covered at this class at 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave.
Send items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Robert Airoldi (see all)
- Ribbon Cutting — Voices Academy - October 21, 2017
- Around Town . . . with Robert Airoldi: Veterans Day Run will follow annual ceremony at downtown memorial - October 21, 2017
- Calendar of Events: Published in the October 25 – November 7 issue of Morgan Hill Life - October 21, 2017