Published in the August 30 – September 12, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life
• Join in evening and Saturday morning walks. Meet at Main and Hale avenues from 6 to 7 p.m. They also take 90-minute walks every Saturday at 9 a.m. Details: (408) 779-7592 or e-mail Mariepsych@aol.com.
Line dancing lessons
• Enjoy line dancing lessons from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
Kiwanis meet regularly
• The Morgan Hill Kiwanis Club meets at 7 p.m. at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave. Details: (408) 659-0350.
• Cecelia’s Closet, a program under the Edward Boss Prado Foundation, will provide free clothing to families in need. No ID required and no questions asked. The Closet is located at 35 Peebles Ave. Details: (408) 670-0266.
Tuesdays, Thursdays and first Saturdays
Free household items, clothes
• The Community Closet gives away free clothes, shoes and household items to those in need in South County. The free giveaways take place from 10 a.m. to noon at The Community Closet, 13570 Depot St., San Martin.
Breakfast at LeTip meetings
• LeTip is a group of business people who meet and trade leads while enjoying a free breakfast at 7 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach. Come visit and see if you would like to join the group. Details: (408) 410-4782.
Flower Lovers meet
• The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers Club meets from 12:15 to 2 p.m. in the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center’s El Toro room. No dues are paid but a donation of $1 is requested to defray refreshment costs. Details: contact Suzanne Barrett at svbarrett683 @gmail.com.
SV Woodworkers meet
• If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: visit www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Learn public speaking skills
• Check out the Morgan Hill Toastmasters Club’s weekly meeting at 7:30 a.m., at the MHUSD office, 15600 Concord Circle. Details: visit www.morganhill.toastmastersclubs.org.
Learn about history
• Meet others at 1 p.m. for a round table history conversation about Morgan Hill and the surrounding areas at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Contact (408) 234-6377 in advance as other events can preempt the conversations.
Free Breastfeeding Support
• Join other new mothers and babies for help and support with breastfeeding from 10:30 a.m. to noon at Casa Natal, 50 W. Main St. Suite C, Morgan Hill.
Horsemen’s Association meets
• The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Bingo benefits bands
• The Live Oak Emerald Regime holds bingo games at Britton Middle School, 80 W. Central Ave. Saturday, doors open at 4:15 p.m.; Sunday, doors open at 11:45 a.m. Details: www.emeraldregime.org/bingo_page.htm.
Grand re-opening of West Coast Martial Arts
• The owners of West Coast Martial Arts took ownership in 2014 and are expanding their into a larger location. From noon to 4 p.m. they will host the community for free martial arts classes at 12:30 p.m., a live DJ from 1 to 4 p.m., student and instructor demonstrations at 1 p.m., free hot dogs at 2 p.m. and raffle prizes at 3:30 p.m. Their new location is 15650 Vineyard Blvd., Suite H.
• Sign up as a Henry W. Coe State Park volunteer training by Sept. 5 and join a team of dedicated people in the Pine Ridge Association who work to keep California’s second largest state park open to the public. Volunteers go through training and enjoy time exploring hard-to-get-to regions of the park. Visit www.coepark.net/pineridgeassociation/support-coe/ununifomed-volunteer-program/uniformed-volunteer-program-app or call Ranger John at the Visitor Center at (408) 779-2728 from Wednesday to Sunday.
• Celebrate with Leadership Morgan Hill the completion of the police department dog kennel makeover at a ribbon-cutting from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. It will take place in the conference room at the MHPD Emergency Operations Center, 16200 Vineyard Blvd. The public is welcome and snacks will be provided.
Mariachi Los Toritos
• Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage month with a free performance by youth group Mariachi Los Toritos from Gilroy’s Mariachi Academy from 7 to 8 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. For more information, visit friendsmhlibrary.org.
Paint to support Sobrato Band
• Learn how to paint a forest path step by step at this wine and paint party from 7 to 9 p.m., at Mama Mia’s Restaurant. The cost is $35 and profits go to Sobrato Band. Food and drink available for purchase. For more information, call (408) 234-2442 or email email@example.com.
Golf with cops, for kids
• The 6th Annual Morgan Hill Cops for Kids Foundation ‘Fall Classic’ Golf Tournament takes place with check-in at 10:30 a.m. at Coyote Creek Golf Course. Entry fee is $165 and includes green fees, cart, small bucket of range balls, box lunch and dinner buffet. For more information, visit www.mhcopsforkids.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send items to email@example.com.