Published in the September 27 – October 10, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life
- Join evening and Saturday morning walks. Meet at Main and Hale avenues from 6 to 7 p.m. They also take 90-minute walks every Saturday at 9 a.m. Details: (408) 779-7592 or e-mail Mariepsych@aol.com.
Line dancing lessons
- Enjoy line dancing lessons from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Cecelia’s Closet, a program under the Edward Boss Prado Foundation, will provide free clothing to families in need. No ID required and no questions asked. The Closet is located at 35 Peebles Ave. Details: (408) 670-0266.
Tuesdays, Thursdays and first Saturdays
Free household items, clothes
- The Community Closet gives away clothes, shoes and household items to those in need in South County. The free giveaways take place from 10 a.m. to noon at The Community Closet, 13570 Depot St., San Martin.
Breakfast at LeTip
- LeTip is a group of business people who trade leads and enjoy a free breakfast at 7 a.m. at Rosy’s. Come visit. Details: (408) 410-4782.
Flower Lovers meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers Club meets from 12:15 to 2 p.m. in the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center’s El Toro room. No dues are paid but a donation of $1 is requested to defray refreshment costs. Details: contact Suzanne Barrett at svbarrett683 @gmail.com.
SV Woodworkers meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: visit www.thvalleywoodworkers.org.
Learn public speaking skills
- Check out the Morgan Hill Toastmasters Club’s weekly meeting at 7:30 a.m., at the MHUSD office, 15600 Concord Circle. Details: visit www.morganhill.toastmastersclubs.org.
Free Breastfeeding Support
- Join other new mothers and babies for help and support with breastfeeding from 10:30 a.m. to noon at Casa Natal, 50 W. Main St. Suite C, Morgan Hill.
Bingo benefits bands
- The Live Oak Emerald Regime holds bingo games at Britton Middle School, 80 W. Central Ave. Saturday, doors open at 4:15 p.m.; Sunday, doors open at 11:45 a.m. Details: www.emeraldregime.org/bingo_page.htm.
Family Picnic Fun Day
- The newly-formed San Martin Chamber of Commerce is holding a Family Picnic Fun Day from noon to 3 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
LOHS band fundraiser
- The Live Oak Home & School Club will have a Goodwill Trailer parked at Live Oak from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to collect unwanted goods. Help the H&SC earn funds by filling up the trailer with donations of unwanted or unneeded items from your house. No furniture accepted.
Oct. 2 & 3
Volunteer reader opportunity
- Want to join a growing group of volunteers, reading one-on-one with a child at the Boys and Girls Club’s local site Tuesdays? Orientations for the 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Reading Hour will be held at 4 p.m. Oct. 2 at Oakwood School, and at 7 p.m. Oct. 3, at the El Toro Clubhouse, 17620 Crest Ave. RSVP or more info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct. 2 to Nov. 10
- The Morgan Hill Photography Club presents an exhibition at the Morgan Hill Centennial Recreation Center, 171 West Edmundson Ave. The public is invited to attend the Artist’s Reception, Oct. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. Details: www.morganhillphotographyclub.org/exhibitions.
Conversation at the house
- The Morgan Hill Historical Society will welcome Robyn Houts as their guest presenter for the next ‘Conversation at the House’ at 10 a.m., at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. She has a wide knowledge of the Ohlone culture, especially the local Amah Mutsun. For more information, call (408)234-6377.
Oct. 7 & 8
Taste wine at Villa Mira Monte
- Taste wine from Mann Cellars and Paradise Valley Vineyard from noon to 5 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Bring a picnic, buy a bottle and enjoy the ambiance. This is a great starting point for exploring history, regional wineries as well as shopping and dining in downtown. Two wineries to taste from for $5 which applies at each winery and to bottle purchase.
Gourd Fest 2017
- The annual Gourd Fest and Gourd Art Demonstration take place at the Uesugi Pumpkin Patch, 14485 Monterey Highway, San Martin. It features gourd art demonstrations, gourd art, vendor booths and activities for kids and adults. Visit www.gourdfest.com. Details, visit www.californiagourdsociety.com
Author visits library
- Gary Noy shares little-known tales of the “seekers and scoundrels” who took part in the California Gold Rush in his book “Gold Rush Stories” and “Sierra Stories,” from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. For more information, visit www.friendsmhlibrary.org.
Learn about low-carb living
- Keto Klatsch is a free monthly support group teaching the lifestyle of low-carb living and takes place at 6:30 p.m. at the Community and Cultural Center. RSVP to Tracee@highenergygirl.com.
State of the schools
- Hear Morgan Hill Unified School District Superintendent Steve Betando give a State of the Schools address from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Community Center. Spanish-language translation will be available.
Send items to email@example.com.