Published in the November 8 – 21, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life
• Join evening and Saturday morning walks. Meet at Main and Hale avenues from 6 to 7 p.m. They also take 90-minute walks every Saturday at 9 a.m. Details: (408) 779-7592 or e-mail Mariepsych@aol.com.
Kiwanis meet regularly
• The Morgan Hill Kiwanis Club meets at 7 p.m. at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave. Details: (408) 659-0350.
Breakfast at LeTip
• LeTip is a group of business people who trade leads and enjoy a free breakfast at 7 a.m. at Rosy’s. Come visit. Details: (408) 410-4782.
Learn public speaking skills
• Check out the Morgan Hill Toastmasters Club’s weekly meeting at 7:30 a.m., at the MHUSD office, 15600 Concord Circle. Details: visit www.morganhill.toastmastersclubs.org.
Free Breastfeeding Support
• Join other new mothers and babies for help and support with breastfeeding from 10:30 a.m. to noon at Casa Natal, 50 W. Main St. Suite C, Morgan Hill.
Learn about history
• Meet others at 1 p.m. for a conversation about Morgan Hill and the surrounding areas at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Contact (408) 234-6377 in advance as other events can preempt the talks.
Horsemen’s Association meets
• The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
• Come join the poetry fun with the longest running poetry group in the Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy area meeting every second Saturday since 1995. The group meets from 3:30 to 5 p.m., at the Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. All levels welcome. Very low key.
Bingo benefits bands
• The Live Oak Emerald Regime holds bingo games at Britton Middle School, 80 W. Central Ave. Saturday, doors open at 4:15 p.m.; Sunday, doors open at 11:45 a.m. Details: www.emeraldregime.org/bingo_page.htm.
Coffee with the Mayor
• The next Coffee with the Mayor will be from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at Grinds, Vines and Automobilia. Newly appointed City Manager Christina Turner will be Mayor Steve Tate’s guest. The coffees give residents a chance to have a relaxed, informal exchange on any city-related topic. Questions, suggestions, opinions, constructive criticism and general input are not only welcome, but encouraged.
Trash Bash to clean up San Martin
• Volunteer for the inaugural Trash Bash, an event to clean up San Martin, beginning with registration from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Sig Sanchez Government Center, 80 Highland Ave., San Martin, followed by a flag raising at 8:30 a.m. The event will go to noon, or until dumpsters are full. Please RSVP for headcount to email@example.com. School service hours are available for students 16 and older. All volunteers must sign a waiver and should wear work clothes and sturdy shoes. Trash pickup materials will be provided to all volunteers.
Downtown Historic Walking Tour
• Take a journey back in time and learn about the historic buildings, their owners and the businesses that have operated in them, from 10 a.m. to noon. The walk is mostly flat and spans the five blocks of downtown. Meet at the plaza in front of the parking garage on Third Street.
Nov. 11 & 12
Wine tasting at Villa Mira Monte
• Join Mann Cellars and Paradise Valley Vineyards for festive holiday wine tastings from noon to 5 p.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte. A portion of sales supports the operation of Villa Mira Monte.
Fall paint party
• Learn how to paint at The Fall Paint Party for Teens and Tweens, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All supplies will be provided. Space is limited and registration is re-quired. For ages 11 to 18.
Tangle Club at BookSmart
• Morgan Hill Tangle Club meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at BookSmart, 1295 E. Dunne Ave. Meetings are free and open to all. Come learn what Zentangle® is all about.
Screening of ‘13th’
• Watch Ava Duvernay’s documentary “13th,” which explores the intersection of race, justice and mass incarceration in the United States, followed by speakers. The showing and discussion takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, l660 W. Main Ave.
Nov. 17 to Dec. 9
‘Act One’ come to the Playhouse
• Join South Valley Civic Theatre for “Act One,” the incredible story of Moss Hart’s rise from an impoverished family in the Bronx to Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, at the Morgan Hill Community Playhouse, 17090 Monterey Road. Tickets are $16 to $25 and group rates available. Tickets at www.SVCT.org. Details: Elizabeth Mandel at (408) 427-7061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Ukulele Society of Morgan Hill meets from 5 to 7 p.m. to play music together. All ages are welcome to come and practice. Bring your uke and music stand.
BookSmart celebrates 22 years
• The public is invited to celebrate BookSmart’s 22 years in business in Morgan Hill from 1 to 8 p.m. Free ice cream will be served all day. A cake will be cut at 1 p.m. Start your holiday shopping with 22 percent off every toy and book in the store that day.
Send items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Calendar of Events – Published in the November 8 – 21, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life - November 3, 2017
- Calendar: Published in the September 27 – October 10, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life - September 25, 2017
- CALENDAR: Published in the August 30 – September 12, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life - August 25, 2017