Published in the April 25 – May 8, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
- Each class consists of a short introduction of the session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherin Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get gently used clothing and household items, at no charge. Visit 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space to play games and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. This program is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. Permission slip needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Sheriff Candidate Forum
- The Gilroy-Morgan Hill Patriots are providing a forum for Santa Clara County Sheriff candidates to present their views at the Lion’s Club in San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: Georgine Scott-Codiga at (626) 590-4133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 15th Annual Spring Auction will celebrate 89 years of FFA in Morgan Hill. Join them at Guglielmo Winery at 5:30 p.m. for great wine, food, and auctions. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door. Details: email@example.com.
- “Band Cakes” Community Pancake Breakfast at Britton Middle School from 9 a.m. to noon includes pancakes, bacon and strawberries for $6 ($4 for kids). Cash only. All proceeds support Live Oak Emerald Regime Band and Color Guard. Carnival starts at noon. Details: www.emeraldregime.org.
Support the Arts and Dogs
- Attend a fun-filled afternoon supporting Morgan Hill Art School and Morgan Hill Dog Park by bringing a color copy of the animal you’d like to paint to the school, 1295 E. Dunne Ave., Suite 210 from 4 to 6 p.m. It’ll be traced on an 8’ by 8’ tile and painted. They will then have the tile fired for pickup at a later date. Light refreshments will be provided, too. Every dollar raised will support the community, the Morgan Hill Art School and Morgan Hill Dog Park. The cost is $40. Tickets available at www.morganhillartschool.org/product-page/morgan-hill-dog-owners-fundraiser-april-7th-4-6pm. Details: (669) 888-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
- The Gavilan College Student Veterans of America will walk to stop sexual assault, gender violence and rape from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Hollister. If they get $3,000 they will walk a mile in full drag and all funds benefit Emmaus House and Community Solutions. To donate, visit www.walkamilesanbenito.org/gsva.
Spring Crafters Faire
- See local vendors showcasing jewelry, art, knit, crochet and other types of homemade goodness from 10 a.m., to 3 p.m. at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Mad Hatter Children’s Tea
- Boys and girls of all ages accompanied by an adult are invited to a festive Alison In Wonderland-themed tea. Fun, games and raffle items will make this a special event for the kids at 11 a.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte. Tickets are $35 and available at www.morganhillhistoricalsociety.org. Details: email@example.com.
- Taste wine from Mann Cellars & Paradise Valley Vineyards from noon to 5 p.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte. Bring a picnic snack and buy a bottle and enjoy the ambiance. This is a great starting point for exploring history, regional wineries as well as shopping and dining in our quaint and charming downtown. Two wineries to taste from. The $5 tasting fee applies at each winery, applies to bottle purchase.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Live Oak High School Drama Guild presents “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” - October 20, 2018
- Community Calendar: Published in the October 24 – November 6, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life - October 18, 2018
- Oct. 5, 2018 — Learn about the candidates at Mama Mia’s restaurant forum - September 26, 2018