Published in the July 18 – July 31, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance available upon completion. Details and to register, call (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. They meet at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving Class for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a special class to keep you mobile as you age. Ease your joints, gain strength, improve balance and posture, have fun and feel better. There is no membership fee. Your first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). The class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at the historic Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming is for adult swimmers looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parenting Support Group
- Join with other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club Morgan Hill now meets at Morgan Hill Mama Mia’s at 7 p.m. Lions are known as “knights of the blind,” focusing on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired. They also participate in many local programs, such as scholarships for Morgan Hill high school seniors. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
- Each meditation class consists of a short introduction of the upcoming session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. The class takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Please e-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get gently used clothing and household items, at no charge. Visit 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: Karen MacDonald at email@example.com.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
Second, fourth Wednesdays
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 824-8201.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Lifelong Learning Class
- Anthropologist for Chitactac-Adams Heritage County Park, Robyn Houts, will discuss Native American Tribes from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Community and Cultural Center. Fee is $10 and supports Older Adult Services. Details: (408) 310-4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Your Dog Washed
- Bring your dog to Cherisse’s Hair Salon, 84 W. Second St., for a wash from noon to 3 p.m. and donate money to Operation Freedom Paws and South County Tail Waggers. Donations should be in cash or check only. There will also be a raffle. Details: (408) 778-6662 or email@example.com.
Trekking through Nepal
- Hear about Kathy Irvin’s treks through the Everest and Mansala areas of Nepal from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center. Her discussion will cover historical and cultural information as well as some of the unusual items she brought home. The fee is $10. Register at the CCC or CRC or at trekkingnepal.brownpapertickets.com. Details: (408) 782.1284.
Summer Fun in the Park
- Enjoy a free movie from 8 to 10 p.m, at Galvan Park. The movie is “Coco.” Details: (408) 782-0008.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Community Calendar – Published in the September 26 – October 9, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life - September 21, 2018
- 2018 Healthy Aging Week — Oct. 8 to Oct. 12 — at Centennial Recreation Center - September 20, 2018
- Video — Brittney Sherman invites you to the 2018 Taste of Morgan Hill Sept. 29-30 - September 18, 2018