Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance available upon completion. Details and to register, call (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. They meet at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America in Morgan Hill meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club Morgan Hill now meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. Lions focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired. They also participate in many local programs, such as scholarships for Morgan Hill high school seniors. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Wednesdays
- Upgrade your skills and attend a job training program or school at no cost by joining Work2Future’s employment program. They meet at 2 p.m. at 379 Tompkins Court, Gilroy. Details: (408) 758-3339.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile as you age. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Each class consists of a short introduction of the session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. The class takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Please e-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: email@example.com.
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free gently used clothing and household items. Visit 13570 St. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second & fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values. Meetings are 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 824-8201.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Ladies Golf Club Meets
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of early morning jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. It’s a popular deli-café at the corner of 4th and Eigleberry. They play songs from their past three songbooks, available at
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Alternating locations. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
First & third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Now through Dec. 15
Toys for Tots
- Marisa Otto, a local Edward Jones financial advisor, is supporting the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program by using her office as a drop-off location for this year’s toy drive. Bring in a new, unwrapped toy to the office, 275 Tennant Ave, Suite 206A, during regular business hours.
Learn About the Wright Brothers
- An illustrated Power Point presentation of the Wright Brothers and their accomplishment takes place from 1 to 3 p.m., at the Wings of History Air Museum, 12777 Murphy Ave. The presentation will be followed by a docent-led tour of the museum’s full scale replica of the Wright Flyer. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A special book sale with holiday books, media and miscellaneous items takes place from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. They will also be celebrating expanded Sunday hours. Details: 408-782-9029, email@example.com or visit www.friendsmhlibrary.org.
Music at Advent
- Music at Advent will collaborate with students and faculty from Valley Christian School to present LUX: The Dawn From on High at 5:30 p.m., at the church, 16870 Murphy Ave. The sanctuary will re-sound with music from more than 100 singers and a 40-piece orchestra. The event is free. Details: Eileen Arellano at (408) 779-3551, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celtic Winter Concert
- Free Friends of the Library program with music, plus stories and folklore celebrating the season from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. Returning duo Four Shillings Short entertains all ages. Details: www.friendsmhlibrary.org.
MH Wind Symphony Concert
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony winter concert takes place at 7:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. The concert will shine a light on the musical legacy of Leroy Anderson, from works made popular by the Boston Pops, to pieces reminiscent of Christmas and the joys of winter. There’s something for everyone. There will be complimentary refreshments during intermission. The concerts are open to the community, and free to attend.
Picture Perfect Outdoor Photos
- Whether you are a newbie or an experienced photographer, this class will help you take better pictures. It takes place from 10 a.m. to noon at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Photographer, Ron Horii, will share secrets of outdoor photography. The cost is $10. Details and to register: In person at the CCC or the CRC or online at pictureperfectoutdoorphotography.brownpapertickets.com.
- AAUW-Morgan Hill will present the Eleanor Stem Allen Memorial Speech Trek Contest Jan. 22 in the Morgan Hill Library at 6:30 p.m. This year’s topic is: “How Can We Eliminate Violence Aimed at Our Schools?” The contest is open to any high school student attending school in Morgan Hill. The application deadline is Dec. 14. Applications are available at: www.aauwmh.org/speech-trek. Details: email@example.com. Cash prizes are 1st ($300), 2nd ($200) and 3rd ($100) places.
Dec. 15 & 16
2nd Annual Holiday Boutique
- Help the Sobrato Music Association at the 2nd Annual Holiday Boutique from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Sobrato High School gym, 401 Burnett Ave. Two days of local artisans, food, music, crafts, and photos with Santa Claus. Proceeds benefit the Sobrato Music Association. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bay Bells Perform
- Celebrate the holiday season with holiday music played on handbells and the organ at a family-friendly concert presented by Bay Bells accompanied by Kyle Jones, director of music at Advent Lutheran Church at 5:30 p.m. at the church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Bay Bells has brought the music of English handbells to an ever-widening audience and is one of the nation’s longest-running community handbell ensembles. In lieu of tickets donations will be accepted. Details: Kendra Scott at (408) 722-7898 or at email@example.com.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Martin Murphy Middle School Presents “Snoopy” - December 7, 2018
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR: Published in the December 5 – 18, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life - December 1, 2018
- Community Calendar: Published in the November 21 – December 4, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life - November 16, 2018