Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. They meet at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America in Morgan Hill meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club now meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. Lions focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired. They also participate in many local programs, such as scholarships for Morgan Hill high school seniors. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Wednesdays
- Upgrade your skills and attend a job training program or school at no cost by joining Work2Future’s employment program. They meet at 2 p.m., 379 Tompkins Court. Details: (408) 758-3339.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile as you age. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Class consists of an introduction of the session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Please e-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
MH Flower Lovers Meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers meeting will resume at the Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center from 12:15 to 2 p.m. LCFF gardener Joan Cloutlier will discuss planning fall and winter vegetable gardens.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second & Fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values. Meetings are 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 824-8201.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. Meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Ladies Golf Club Meets
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Alternating locations. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
First & third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Easy to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Many winter vegetables are fast growing and can still be planted for winter or spring harvest. This class – from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 660 W. Sixth St. – will focus on crops that can be harvested in 60 days or less. Learn about growing techniques, pest control, soil preparation, and more. Make use of your space before tomatoes go in and enjoy fresh vegetables all year round.
Oddities of Being in Space
- Things happen in space that are both a surprise and often very different from life on Earth. This 45-minute session starts at 1 p.m. at the Wings of History Air Museum, 12777 Murphy Ave., and will introduce you to these “space oddities.” Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Fill a grocery bag with great books for $8 or $5 for members beginning at 10 a.m. at the Gilroy Library, 660 W. Sixth St. Proceeds support free classes and events at the Gilroy Library. Details: email@example.com or visit www.friendsofgilroylibrary.org.
SVCT 50th-Year Gala
• Celebrate half a century of local dramatic arts with the South Valley Civic Theatre members at big band orchestra dinner and dancing gala starting at 6 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Rd. Tickets are $40 for students, $65 for adults. Details: www.svct.org/50th_gala.
Plan for the Rest of Your Life
- The Success and Achievement Showcase is designed to provide an exceptional learning enclave that enriches your life-planning techniques through goal mapping. Attend this all–day retreat providing invaluable and fresh ideas on success, achievement, and the goal mapping process. Enjoy continental breakfast, buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day. Details: (408) 779-4049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honor the Memory of Dr. King
- Interfaith CommUNITY of South County with Interfaith Clergy Alliance presents “Peaceable Wisdom” honoring the memory of Martin Luther King, at 7 p.m. at St. Mary’s Church, 11 1st St. All are welcome. Details: email@example.com or (408) 842-8149.
Oakwood School Open House
- Tour Oakwood School, 105 John Wilson Way, from 10 a.m. to noon. Parents and children are encouraged to attend together. Pre-register or walk-in. Details: visit www.pictureoakwood.com.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Free Parenting Workshop Feb. 28: “Raising Well” presented by Morgan Hill Bible Church - January 7, 2019
- Morgan Hill Chamber Calendar for January 2019 - December 27, 2018
- Calendar of Events: Published in the January 2 – 15, 2019 issue of Morgan Hill Life - December 27, 2018