Calendar of Events: October 26 – November 8, 2016 edition
Published in the October 26 – November 8, 2016 issue of Morgan Hill Life
• Join others in evening and Saturday morning walks. Meet at Main and Hale avenues for walks from 6 to 7 p.m. They also take 90-minute walks every Saturday at 9 a.m. These walks are at a moderate pace and include some hills. For more information, call (408) 779-7592 or e-mail Mariepsych@aol.com.
Kiwanis meet regularly
• The Morgan Hill Kiwanis Club meets at 7 p.m. at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave. For more information, call (408) 659-0350.
Breakfast at Le Tip meetings
• LeTip is a group of business people that meet and trade leads while enjoying a free breakfast at 7 a.m. at Rosy’s. Come visit and see if you would like to join the group. For more information, call (408) 410-4782.
Learn public speaking skills
• Interested in building your public speaking and leadership skills? If so, come and check out the Morgan Hill Toastmasters Club’s weekly meeting at 7:30 a.m. at GVA Cafe, corner of Second Street and Monterey Road. For more information, visit www.morganhill.toastmastersclubs.org.
Learn about history
• Meet others at noon for a round table history conversation at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Contact Mike at (408) 234-6377 in advance as other events can preempt the conversations.
Bingo benefits bands
• The Live Oak Emerald Regime holds bingo games at Britton Middle School, 80 W. Central Ave. Saturday, the doors open at 4:15 p.m., Sunday the doors open at 11:45 a.m. For more information visit www.emeraldregime.org/bingo_page.htm.
• The Gilroy-Morgan Hill Patriots meet at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin. Conservative and concerned citizens are invited to the meeting. Speakers from both sides of Measure H will be discussing the ballot measure. For more information, visit www.meetup.com/Gillroy-Morgan-Hill-Patriots.
Dance troupe visits MH
• Kara Starkweather, a 1996 graduate of LOHS and a performer with the Flynn Creek Circus, will bring her Mendocino Dance Project which presents: UNTOLD — Stories from the Street, to Morgan Hill at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Playhouse, 17090 Monterey Road. Mendocino Dance Project is a contemporary dance company with an athletic, dynamic style. The company is coming to Morgan Hill to premier their newest work along with other work created this past year. Tickets are $18 for general admission and $15 for those 12 and younger, and are available at brownpapertickets.com or at www.mendocinodanceproject.com.
• The annual Safe Trick or Treat, a free community event sponsored by the city of Morgan Hill and the Morgan Hill Downtown Association, takes place from 5 to 7 p.m. Morgan Hill Businesses, companies, churches, and nonprofits gather downtown to pass our candy to festive Halloween costumed children. For more information, call (408) 779-3190 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership information night
• Leadership Morgan Hill will host an information session for anyone interested in joining the Class of 2017. The event will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Morgan Hill City Hall Development Service Center, 17575 Peak Ave. Applications are available at www.leadershipmorganhill.org. For more information, call (408) 476-8499 or email email@example.com.
Fall Book Sale
• The Friends of the Library’s annual Fall Book Sale takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the library, 660 W. Main Ave. All books are $1 or less, children’s books and sci-fi paperbacks are 10¢ each. From 2 to 3 p.m., a bag of books cost $5. A members only preview takes place at 10 a.m. that day.
Ham radio tests
• A amateur radio license testing study and exam session takes place at the Morgan Hill Police Department, 16200 Vineyard Blvd. The tech and general class is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the testing for all levels takes place from 1 to 4 p.m. The fee for the test and class is $25. The test only costs $14. To register and for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Class size is limited. Reservation required. Bring a photo ID, Social Security number or FRN, cash for fees and previous license grant if testing for upgrade.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.