Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance available upon completion. Details and to register, call (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. They meet at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Gorden Gibson teaches free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America in Morgan Hill meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join with other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Monday
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club Morgan Hill now meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. Lions focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired. They also participate in many local programs, such as scholarships for Morgan Hill high school seniors. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile as you age. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming is for adult swimmers looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Each meditation class consists of a short introduction of the upcoming session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. The class takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Please e-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: Karen MacDonald at email@example.com.
Tuesday & Thursday
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free gently used clothing and household items. Visit 13570 Depot St. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, and there are openings in all sections. Any musicians who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
MH Flower Lovers meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers meeting will resume at the Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center from 12:15 to 2 p.m. LCFF gardener Joan Cloutlier will discuss planning fall and winter vegetable gardens.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values. Meetings are 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 824-8201.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of early morning jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. It’s a popular deli-café at the corner of 4th and Eigleberry. They play songs from their past three songbooks, available at GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Learn about the buildings and the characters who built and operated them. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Coffee With Two Mayors
- Mayor Steve Tate will hold his last Coffee with the Mayor from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at BookSmart, 1295 E. Dunne Ave. Joining him will be the newly-elected mayor.
Downtown Historic Walking Tour
- Come experience the history of the buildings in downtown during a walking tour from 10 a.m. to noon. Learn about the buildings and the characters who built, owned and operated them through the years. Docent led tours are free, donations accepted. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
CBD and Cannabis
- Learn the facts and myths of CBD and cannabis from 11 a.m. to noon at GVA Cafe.
Nov 10 & 11
Wine Tasting at Villa Mira Monte
- Taste wine from Mann Cellars and Paradise Valley Vineyards from noon to 5 p.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte. Bring a picnic snack and buy a bottle and enjoy the ambiance. The $5 tasting fee applies at each winery, and applies to bottle purchase.
Tangle Club 5th Anniversary Party
- Morgan Hill Tangle Club celebrates its fifth anniversary 6 to 8 p.m., at The Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center. Meetings are free and open to the public. Pre-registration is required, details at www.linedotcalm.com. Bring a Micron 01 pen, pencil and sketchbook.
Nov. 16 – Dec. 8
‘Mom’s Gift’ Opens at Limelight
- Limelight Actors Theater’s 2018 comedy and annual fundraiser for The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research opens. It plays at 8 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.) Nov. 16, 17, 23, 24 & 30, and Dec. 7 & 8; and at 2 p.m. (doors open at 1:30 p.m.) Nov. 25 and Dec. 2. Tickets are available at www.LimelightActorsTheater.com.
Learn About Wing Design
- The “History of the Flying Wing Airplane Development into the B-2 Stealth Bomber” presentation traces the origins of the flying wing design which ultimately developed into the B-2 Stealth Bomber. It takes place from 11 a.m. to noon, at the Wings of History Air Museum, 12777 Murphy Ave. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” at Live Oak High School - March 25, 2019
- Free Class from CHP: Age Well, Drive Smart – Senior Drive Education - March 25, 2019
- Calendar of Events: March 13 – 26, 2019 Morgan Hill Life - March 8, 2019