Celebrate the Santa Clara Valley Wineries bi-annual event in March and get a month of wine tasting at their weekly events during Spring 2019 Passport Month.
Many of the South Valley wineries and some of the local wine bars and restaurants will celebrate with wine tasting events, food and live music. In addition to the participating wineries there are many sponsors offering discounts at their restaurants and hotels. The kick-off event begins March 1 at 6 p.m. Enjoy a night VIP style with early access into the Kick-Off party at the Coyote Creek Golf Club.
The $100 ticket price includes a wine glass, 30 minutes of reserve wine tasting followed by other varietals poured by more than 25 wineries, sampling small bites from 12 local restaurants and live music. The cost includes the monthly March passport, or $75 for just the Kick-Off party. A passport, good for the entire month, is just $50 and includes wine tasting March 1 to 31 (days and hours based on individual wineries) and Passport Partner discounts during the month. Wineries may have food and entertainment, pour special wines, offer barrel samples and attractive discounts.
- Clos La Chance will have live music as follows: March 3, PS Acoustic, 12 to 3 p.m.; March 10, Marcus Miller, 1 to 4 p.m.; March 17, David Johnson, 1 to 4 p.m.; March 24, Carlos Padilla, 1 to 4 p.m.; and March 31, Free Spirit, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Satori Cellars: March 3, Just Friends; March 9, Mozaic Band; March 17, Serenade Duo; March 24, John and Becki Duo; and March 31, Cook ‘N Fenny Combo.
- Fortino Winery: March 2, Mike Mendoza; March 16, Free Spirit; and March 30, Mike Mendoza.
- The Stomping Ground: March 2, Matt Massih Band; March 9, Dylan Keawe Band; March 16, Matt Massih Band; March 23 and 24, RB3 Band; and March 30, Troy Fernandez Band.
- Seeker Vineyards: March 2, Train Wreck; March 9, Rock The Heat; and March 16, Chris AB.
- Aver Family Vineyard: March 9, Michael Barrett and Kim Morganthaler. Tickets are available at www.santaclarawines.com/passport.html
Got a music tip? Email email@example.com.
Latest posts by Mark Fenichel (see all)
- Music in the Air . . .with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel: Your Spring Passport to live music in March is at local wineries - February 22, 2019
- Music in the Air . . . with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel: Downtown Morgan Hill is bubbling over with live music once again - February 8, 2019
- Music in the Air . . . with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel: Night at the Grange brings bluegrass to South Valley with ‘Sideline’ - January 25, 2019