Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Class consists of an introduction of the session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
Second, Fourth Wednesday
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values. Meetings are 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Hiking in Search of Tule Elk
- Hike the Coyote Ridge Open Space Preserve and search for the California Tule Elk as well as wildflowers, endangered butterflies and birds. The hike is about four miles and the uphill is moderately strenuous. Sturdy shoes are advised. Bring water, lunch or a snack, a camera, sunscreen, a hat and a sense of fun. Meet at the Morgan Hill Centennial Recreation Senior Center at 9:30 a.m. to caravan. Return time is about 1 p.m. Register at the CCC or CRC or call (408) 782-1284.
Tierra Bella Bicycle Tour
- The Almaden Cycle Touring Club invites riders to celebrate Spring by riding some of the prettiest roads in southern Santa Clara County on their 42nd annual Tierra Bella Bicycle Tour from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. With four different routes, from flat to hilly, you’re sure to find the route that’s right for you. Meet in front of Coffee Guys, 50 E 3rd St., #140.
Downtown Walking Tour
- Experience the history of the buildings in downtown Morgan Hill from 10 a.m. to noon. Walk into the past and learn about the buildings and the characters who built, owned and operated them through the years. Docent led tours are free, donations accepted. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
Summer Camp Info Night
- Learn about all the summer camps and programs offered by the city of Morgan Hill and the YMCA this year from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Centennial Recreation Center, 171 W. Edmundson Ave.
Annual OFP Easter Egg Hunt
- Bring the kids to Operation Freedom Paws, 13920 Llagas Ave. in San Martin, from 1 to 3 p.m. for the nonprofit’s annual Easter Egg Hunt. Tickets are $5 for children 10 and younger and available at ofpeaster.eventbrite.com.
Time to Start Summer Gardens
- Tomatoes, peppers, and more will be for sale at the Spring Garden Market from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Guglielmo Winery, 1480 E. Main Ave. Gardening talks and advice will also be available. There are a limited number of plants available, so come early for the best selection. Cash or checks only.
Grow Plants in Containers
- Learn to grow beautiful flowers in containers from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. Types of containers, nutrients, soil, water management and pests will be discussed. Learn about sun and shade loving beautiful plants that will add beauty to your porch or yard.
Learn About Local Wildlife
- Galli Basson, a resource management specialist, will discuss the Wildlife Linkages study that took place in Coyote Valley at 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. As part of the study, animals were tagged and their movements tracked. This presentation will offer attendees a chance to learn about the wildlife surrounding and living in Morgan Hill and the region and how we impact them. The talk is sponsored by the Morgan Hill branch of the American Association of University Women. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Misused Can’t Be Excused
- Learn about how to save energy and protect the environment at a free presentation from the County of Santa Clara Office of Sustainability from 10 a.m. to noon at the Community and Cultural Center. Register at the CCC or CRC or by calling the Senior Center at (408) 782-1284.
Age Well, Drive Smart
- Take part in a free senior driver education class from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Contact Officer Chris Miceli at (408) 848-2324, ext. 211.
Send calendar items to email@example.com
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- May 31: Golf Tournament for Youth Scholarships by Gilroy Sunrise Rotary - April 24, 2019
- Special Calendar of Events in 2019 - April 23, 2019
- June 8 – Celebrate American Legion Veterans and Honor Their Service - April 23, 2019