Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- The group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Get some exercise, have some food and drinks and a lot of fun with free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Pickleball is easy to learn and provides a great workout. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience id free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
- The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Families and friends have the chance to learn from the experiences of others who faced similar problems with someone’s drinking that bothers them. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Parent Workshop
- Take advantage of a free workshop about separation anxiety from 5 to 6 p.m. at Stratford School, 410 Llagas Road.
Garlic City Car Show
- The annual Garlic City Car Show held in downtown Gilroy brings in hundreds of the finest classic cars, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs. This year “My Classic Car” with Dennis Gage will film for their television show. Enjoy the following events: Aug. 15 — Parade of Cars with Downtown Live Music Series, Aug. 16 — Show and Shine at Gilroy Gardens, Aug. 17 — Garlic City Car Show, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. To register, visit www.gilroy.org/garlic-city-car-show/. Details: Victoria Wright at email@example.com.
Food Preservation by Canning
- See what equipment is needed and how easy and rewarding canning can be from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the board room at St. Louise Hospital,9400 No Name Uno, Gilroy. Also, learn the pitfalls and dangers of improper canning methods. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Glenn Lattig.
Rock for a Reason Benefits WERC
- Rock for a Reason: California Dreamin’ – 5th Annual Fundraiser will be held at 6 p.m. at Miramar Vineyards, 12255 New Ave., San Martin. It is free, but there is a $15 cash fee to park. There will be freshly prepared Mexican food, wine, beer and soft drinks for sale, or bring a picnic. Help raise money through a silent auction, 50/50 drawing, purchase merchandise, or simply donate. The day will feature professional musicians along with local students. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 782-4793.
Planning Fall and Winter Gardens
- There are so many types of vegetables you can grow in fall and throughout the winter season. Leafy greens, root vegetables, broccoli and other cool season crops will be covered from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Joan Cloutier.
Learn About Naval Aviation
- Join retired U.S. Navy Capt. and Naval Aviator, Rich Hinnenkamp, as he talks about his experience in naval aviation training and flying as well as airline and corporate flying from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Morgan Hill Community Center. His presentation will include basic air traffic control, navigation, aircraft simulation technology, as well as aeronautics, aerodynamics and safety. Upon leaving active duty Hinnenkamp joined the naval reserve and had a short career flying for 3M before joining United Air Lines. The cost is $10. Reserve a spot at (408) 782-1284.
Celebrate End of Summer
- Celebrate the End of Summer with the community from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Beth-EL Baptist Church, 810 Tennant Ave. This will be a time of fellowship, food, and a water-slide. Join them for the morning service at 11 a.m., followed by a time of food at 12:15 p.m. and fellowship from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Details: Greg Tomlinson at (408) 778-2595, or email@example.com. Visit www.bbcmh.org.
Intro to Zentangle
- Ready to learn how to Zentangle? An Introduction to Zentangle class will be taught by Nancy Domnauer, Certified Zentangle Teacher, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road.. Details: www.linedotcalm.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Owl to be Released
- Visit Aver Family Vineyards, watch a rehabilitated barn owl get released into the wild and raise money for the Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center. Bring a picnic and enjoy this special moment and support wildlife education and rehabilitation in the process. The event begins at 5 p.m. with the owl release at twilight. There is a recommended $10 per person donation at the door to support WERC. There will also be a raffle. Wine by the glass and/or bottle available for purchase with 20 percent donated to WERC.
Send items to email@example.com.