Discover what’s happening in the Morgan Hill area
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- This group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Get some exercise, have some food and drinks and a lot of fun with free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. The Lions participate in many events that give back to the community and help provide services for the blind and visually impaired. (No meeting on Monday, Nov. 25.) Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50 adults in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Pickleball is easy to learn and provides a challenging workout. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience are free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: pachecopass4H1@gmail.com.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flower Lovers Meet
- Morgan Hill Flower Lovers will meet at Morgan Hill Cultural & Community Center, 17000 Monterey Road at 12:15 p.m. Following refreshments the speaker from Johnson’s Garden Center will discuss holiday flowers for homes.
- WERC’s largest fundraiser takes place from noon to 3 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Buddhist Building, 16450 Murphy Ave.. The event is a BBQ/Auction and includes items available at live auction and a silent auction. This event is family friendly. Tickets are $50 and available at the door. Details: www.werc-ca.org.
Downtown Historic Walking Tour
- Come experience the rich history of the buildings in downtown Morgan Hill on this walk from 10 a.m. to noon. Walk into the past and learn about the buildings and the characters that built, owned and operated them through the years. Docent led tours are free, donations graciously accepted. Meet at the Third Street Plaza near the parking garage.
Planting Bulbs for Spring Bloom
- Fall is the ideal time to plant spring-blooming bulbs from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the St. Louise Teaching and Demonstration Garden, 9400 No Name Uno. Learn how and where to plant bulbs, as well as interesting bulbs to plant.
Veterans Day Run
- The Annual Veterans Day 5K/10K Walk/Run to honor the men and women who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces of the United States takes place at 8 a.m. beginning at 17500 Depot St. All proceeds from the race will go to local veterans organizations and the Morgan Hill Freedom Fest. Details: www.runsignup.com/Race/CA/MorganHill/MorganHillVeteransDayRun.
- The annual Veterans Day celebration takes place at 9 a.m. at the downtown memorial on Monterey Road at First Street. The flag of Vietnam Veteran Robert L. Orta will be flown, Karen Crane and her choir will sing a few songs, Pastor Frank Riley will offer a prayer, Mellea McLaughlin will read the names and wreaths will be laid by Jim Tarp and Judd Wood. Steve Johnson will conclude the ceremony with the playing of “Taps.”
Birding with Audubon Society
- Enjoy some late afternoon birding from 3 to 5 p.m., at the Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve, 550 Palm Ave. Docents will be in the parking lot with a scope and binoculars to help spot golden eagles, yellow-billed magpies, and others. Although attendees are free to arrive any time, register by the number of cars you will drive to the event at www.openspaceauthority.org/visitors/events.html.
Send items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Calendar of Events - November 8, 2019
- Community Calendar - November 2, 2019
- Kindergarten Roundup Time – Saturday November 2, 2019 - October 30, 2019