Find out what’s happening in our community in this calendar
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- This group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email [email protected]
Bingo at the CCC
- The doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start at 5:45 p.m., regular games at 6:30 p.m. in the Hiram Morgan Hill Room, at Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Must be 18 to play.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience are free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: [email protected]
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Join in a conversation about local history with a notable contributor to the community and heritage. Free and no registration is required. They take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Details: www. morganhillhistoricalsociety.org.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email [email protected]
Jan. 3 to 29
Photo Club Exhibit
- The Morgan Hill Photography Club presents an exhibition at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road, themed “Urban Exploration.” It features 53 photographs taken by 20 artists. The public is invited to attend an Artists’ Reception from 6 to 8 p.m., Jan. 10. Details: www.morganhillphotographyclub.org/exhibitions.
- Community members who have an experience level, a range of knowledge, and a willingness to share their perspectives about our local history and landscapes are invited to join in the conversation from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Each conversation features a different speaker.
Basics of Growing Orchids
- Learn about the basic requirements to grow them, such as soil, water, fertilizer, light and possible pests from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. Different varieties will be discussed.
Winter Fruit Tree Care
- Tips on selecting them, as well as pest and disease control as well as pruning will be discussed from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave.
Art & Play
- Parents of toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten age children are invited to come for a morning of activities and fun experiences with your child(ren) at 9:30 a.m. in the Mt. Madonna School Preschool and Kindergarten. Please RSVP to [email protected]
Free Downtown Walking Tour
- Enjoy an easy walk through downtown Morgan Hill from 10 a.m. to noon. The tour is led by knowledgeable docents who guide you through the historic buildings and their history. Tours are free. Donations always graciously accepted. Meet at the Third Street Plaza at 10 a.m.
Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop
- Learn the basics of pruning fruit trees from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the St. Louise Teaching and Demo Garden, 9400 No Name Uno. Bring pruning shears and gloves, so they can guide you through the process. Cancelled if rain and will be re-scheduled for Sat. Jan. 18th at the same time (will be cancelled again if rain).
Send items to [email protected]