Find out what is happening in Morgan Hill
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Morgan Hill Walking Group
- Join this walking group and get some exercise and make friends. They meet at Walsh Elementary School, 353 W. Main Ave., at 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for a one-hour walk and at 9 a.m. Saturday for a 90-minute walk. They are at a moderate pace, rain or shine. Everyone is welcome, including dogs. Details: Call (408) 779-7592 or (408) 7670-3492 or e-mail [email protected]
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- From 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
- Bridge games are held at noon at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. The Lions participate in many events that give back to the community and help provide services for the blind and visually impaired. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50 adults in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or [email protected]
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email [email protected]
Bingo at the CCC
- The doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start at 5:45 p.m., regular games at 6:30 p.m. in the Hiram Morgan Hill Room, at Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Must be 18 to play.
- Each meditation session includes introduction, guidance, 20-minute silent sit, followed by Q and A, from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m., at Art of Yoga, 16165 Monterey Road, #200. Details: www.artofyogamorganhill.com.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: [email protected]
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience are free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: [email protected]
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
- Join in a talk about local history with a notable contributor to the community and heritage. Free, no registration required. They take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Details: www.morganhillhistoricalsociety.org.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email [email protected]
The Life of Georgia O’Keefe
- The works and life of artist Georgia O’Keeffe will be presented by Nancy Fohner, a member of the Gilroy AAUW, at 11 a.m., at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. Coming of age in the late 1800s, she defied the social conventions of her time and led a successful life that has taken on mythic proportion.
State of the City
- City Manager Christina Turner will give an update about the city. The talk takes place from 10 a.m. to noon at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Contact the Senior Center at (408) 782-1284 to reserve a spot.
Send items to [email protected]