Find out what’s happening in our community
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Morgan Hill Walking Group
- Join this walking group and get some exercise and make friends. They meet at Walsh Elementary School, 353 W. Main Ave., at 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for a one-hour walk and at 9 a.m. Saturday for a 90-minute walk. They are at a moderate pace, rain or shine. Everyone is welcome, including dogs. Details: Call (408) 779-7592 or (408) 7670-3492 or e-mail [email protected]
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- From 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
- Games are held at noon at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Parkinson’s patients and caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. The Lions participate in many events that help provide services for the blind and visually impaired. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50 adults in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or [email protected]
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email [email protected]
Bingo at the CCC
- The doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start at 5:45 p.m., regular games at 6:30 p.m. in the Hiram Morgan Hill Room, at Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Must be 18 to play.
- Each meditation session includes introduction, guidance, 20-minute silent sit, followed by Q and A, from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m., at Art of Yoga, 16165 Monterey Road, #200. Details: www.artofyogamorganhill.com.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: [email protected]
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Visit from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The group meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions. There are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience is free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. Meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
Weekly Meditation Groups
- Beginning and experienced meditators from all backgrounds meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. They all meet every Tuesday from 1 to 1:45 p.m. All groups offered on a donation basis. Details: www.bluelotuscenter.org or call (408) 842-0208.
Flower Lovers’ Club
- If you have a passion for flowers and gardening please join us the first Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Wonderful Women’s Wednesday
- Women and girls get together for an evening of fellowship, sisterhood and support as they study the book “What On Earth Am I Her For?” by Rick Warren. The event takes place from 7 to 8:30 p.m., 15305 Watsonville Road.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: [email protected]
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
- Join in a talk about local history with a notable contributor to the community and heritage. Free, no registration required. They take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Details: www.morganhillhistoricalsociety.org.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email [email protected]
Career & Job Fair
- Gavilan College is hosting its annual Career & Job Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Student Center. Speak with people who work in a variety of industries, as well as apply for jobs and internships. Don’t forget to bring your resume! Details: Jacquelyn Richburg at (408) 852-2897 or [email protected]
Bay Area Wind Quintet
- The Bay Area Wind Quintet, Quinteto Latino, blends the vibrant colors and rhythms of Latin American music with the voices of the flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn, and bassoon. These five musicians perform with impeccable artistry and infectious energy — educating, enriching, and entertaining listeners of all ages and backgrounds. The show takes place at 7:30 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: www.coyotecreekmusic.org; (408) 430-7121.
Travel to Turkey
- Mission View Wines is developing an’ interest list of those who would like to explore Turkey on a guided tour between Oct. 22 and Nov. 3. Contact Emmie Turan at (650) 678-8237 or [email protected] Highlights include days in Istanbul, Ankara, Cappadocia, Izmir, and Seferihisar.
March 20 – April 11
‘Tigers Be Still’
- Limelight Actors Theater presents “Tigers Be Still.” The show stars Annalisa Tkacheff, Sarah Smith, Bruce Pember, and Gannon Janisch and take place at the Gilroy Center for the Arts, 7341 Monterey Road. Details: [email protected] or call (408) 842-SHOW.
Oakwood School Open House
- Tour the preschool, elementary, middle and high school programs from 10 a.m. to noon at the school, 105 John Wilson Way. Pre-register or walk-in. To learn more, visit www.oakwoodway.org/ Email [email protected] or call (408) 782-7177.
- The “All Aboard for Bunco” annual luncheon takes place from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Grange Hall on Fourth Street in downtown Morgan Hill. The day includes lunch, Bunco games, prizes, raffles and entertainment. The cost is $30 each. No tickets will be sold at the door. The deadline to register is March 14. Details: [email protected]
- Create a cover letter, build your resume, practice interview skills, get career advice and explore local employment opportunities at this free professional development workshop from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the Centennial Recreation Center, 171 W. Edmundson Ave. Details: Dori Prado at (408) 390-9012 or [email protected]
Tea With Alice And Me
- This solo show is the story of the power that collects when women gather. She focuses especially on Miss Alice Paul, the first person to organize a march down Pennsylvania Avenue. Zoe is the author of a memoir, The Hungry Heart – A Women’s Fast for Justice, and The Engaged Heart, a compilation of speeches and personal photos. It takes place at 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave.
Cirque du Soleil
- The San Francisco Bay Area engagement of AXEL, the newest on-ice show from Cirque du Soleil, skates into San Jose this month. Spinning guests into an electrifying journey with an adrenaline-fueled crew, “Axel” and his band of colorful characters will go on an all-new adventure inspired by music and graphic arts. Performing at San Jose’s SAP for seven performances only, the show features spectacular skating, breathtaking acrobatics and visual effects, and an upbeat original soundtrack. Tickets are on sale at cirquedusoleil.com/axel.
Earth Day Fair
- The city of Morgan Hill is hosting an Earth Day fair from 9 to 11:30 a.m., at the Community and Cultural Center. The fair is open to the public and will educate about climate change, its impact on the community and how to reduce carbon footprints. It will feature booths from local organizations, family activities, crafts, giveaways, and prize drawings. Also featured is a conference focused on climate change for incoming high school through college-aged students produced by the Young Women Leaders Conference, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and a climate change interest group featuring family entertainment and local cuisine hosted by Morgan Hill’s chapter of the American Association of University Women from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Free clothing for men, women and children from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Catherine Church, 17400 Peak Ave.
Send items to [email protected]