Find out what’s happening in the South Valley region
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723-1018.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Country Waffles, 15900 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
- Meet at 7 p.m. at 9598 Ruth Lane, Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 463-9030.
- Games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372.
Pacheco Pass 4-H Club
- The Pacheco Pass 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m., at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. It serves youth 5 to 19. They also need adult volunteers. Details: [email protected] or (408) 472-6952 or visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PachecoPass4H
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
- The Adelante FRC will host the first in-person parenting classes and youth cafes starting July 27. Classes are going to be 10-weeks long and new participants are welcome to join during the first three weeks. The workshops will be Tuesday evenings with free dinner starting at 5:30 p.m. Free childcare for children up to the age of 12 will also be provided and there will be a Youth Cafes as well for teens ages 13 to 18. The workshops will be delivered in English and Spanish. Details: Call (408) 846-2460 to register.
Friday Night Music Series
- The Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce’s Friday Night Music Series returns from 6 to 9:30 p.m., at the Downtown Amphitheater at the Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. The Mitchell James Band will open for headliner Soul Kiss.
OFP Golf Tournament
- Operation Freedom Paws, the 2021 Gilroy Non-Profit of the Year, is hosting their 10th Annual Charity Golf Tournament. Join OFP for a four-person shotgun scramble, awards luncheon, and silent auction at Coyote Creek Golf Club. Registration is at 7 a.m. and the shotgun scramble starts at 8:35 a.m. The entry fee is $150 per person which includes the 18-hole round, range balls, chart, light breakfast, luncheon buffet on the Garden Terrace overlooking the 18th hole, goodie bag, winning prizes and more. To register teams, become a sponsor, or get more details, call (408) 683-9010, email [email protected] or visit www.golf2save2lives.givesmart.com. All proceeds go toward creating lifesaving service dog teams to empower veterans, first responders, children and other individuals with disabilities at no cost to them.
Send your calendar item to [email protected]