Check out what’s happening in the South Valley
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723-1018.
Morgan Hill Flower Lovers
- If you love gardening and desire to learn more meet us at 12:30 – 2pm. We meet monthly in the El Toro room at the MH Community & Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Rd.
Rotary Club of Morgan Hill
- The Rotary Club of Morgan Hill meets at 12:15pm weekly at The Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center, Hiram Morgan Hill Room – 17000 Monterey Road. Join them for a meeting to learn about their programs that support our local community and abroad. Additional information can be found at: www.morganhillrotary.org/ or email [email protected]
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Country Waffles, 15900 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
Outdoor Summer Movie Series
- Bring the family for a free movie under the stars. The outdoor movie series runs every Wednesday at sundown through Sept. 1 at the Downtown Amphitheater. Support local businesses by dining before the movie or ordering dinner to-go and enjoying it at the amphitheater (food and snacks will not be sold at the movie). Aug. 18: Clueless, Aug. 25: Onward, and Sept. 1: The Breakfast Club.
South Valley Wood Workers
- Meet at 7 p.m. at 9598 Ruth Lane, Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 463-9030.
- Games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372.
Pacheco Pass 4-H Club
- The Pacheco Pass 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m., at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. It serves youth 5 to 19. They also need adult volunteers. Details: [email protected] or (408) 472-6952 or visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PachecoPass4H
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Tour Morgan Hill Museum
- The Morgan Hill Museum and Hiram Morgan Hill house are now open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with docents to welcome visitors and provide tours. Visit and learn about the rich history of Morgan Hill and see new additions including the artwork of the famous Disney Studio artist and Live Oak High School graduate, Mary Robinson Blair. The Villa Mira Monte grounds are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., where you can enjoy the Centennial History Trail and Rose garden at your leisure.
- Visit the Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for guided tours, special displays and entertainment. Bring a picnic.
Wine to Vine
- The Vine to Wine event is an afternoon of tasting local wines from more than two dozen Santa Clara Valley wineries, enjoying small bite tastings from more than a dozen restaurants and caterers and listening to the sounds of the Lavender Fields Band. It takes place from 1 to 4 p.m., at MO/HI, within the structural frame of the future boutique hotel. The cost is $75 and tickets are available at Eventbrite.com.