Learn about events are happening in our community
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- Meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on programs and services for the blind and visually impaired. Details: (408) 723-1018.
- The Rotary Club meets at 12:15pm weekly at The Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center, Hiram Morgan Hill Room – 17000 Monterey Road. Join them for a meeting to learn about their programs that support our local community and abroad. Additional information can be found at: www.morganhillrotary.org/ or email [email protected]
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Country Waffles, 15900 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Wood Workers
- Meet at 7 p.m. at 9598 Ruth Lane, Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 463-9030.
- Games are held 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected] Also, Stone’s online duplicate game held Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:25 p.m. on BBO (Bridge Base Online).
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Tour Morgan Hill Museum
- The Morgan Hill Museum and Hiram Morgan Hill house are now open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with docents to welcome visitors and provide tours. Visit and learn about the rich history of Morgan Hill and see new additions including the artwork of the famous Disney Studio artist and Live Oak High School graduate, Mary Robinson Blair. The Villa Mira Monte grounds are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., where you can enjoy the Centennial History Trail and Rose garden at your leisure.
- Visit the Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for guided tours, special displays and entertainment. Bring a picnic.
- Taste some great beers at the Morgan Hill Downtown Association’s Brew Crawl, from 1 to 5 p.m. in downtown. The cost is $45. Tickets are available at www.eventbrite.com.
Wine to Vine
- The Vine to Wine event is an afternoon of tasting local wines from more than two dozen Santa Clara Valley wineries, enjoying small bite tastings from more than a dozen restaurants and caterers and listening to the sounds of the Lavender Fields Band. It takes place from 1 to 4 p.m., at MO/HI, within the structural frame of the future boutique hotel. The cost is $75 and tickets are available at Eventbrite.com.
Coffee with the president
- Got questions about our local community college? Then speak with Gavilan College President Dr. Kathleen Rose from 9 to 10:30 a.m., in an information session at Peet’s Coffee, 755 Cochrane Road, #100.
- Join Morgan Hill Troop 730 to try to catch sight of some night owls and learn about the night sky. They might even howl at the moon! Also, learn about all of the activities and opportunities that one can have as a scout. Anyone 11 or older who has completed the 5th grade can join scouting. The hikers will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Third Street Creek Park. The hike will leave from there. Bring flashlights.
- Save the date and your donations for the Sobrato Murphy Music Association’s Goodwill Fundraiser. All proceeds benefit the Sobrato and Murphy schools music programs. They will be at the Sobrato High School parking lot, 401 Burnett Ave. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., to collect unwanted clothes, books, electronics, small appliances, and the like. Please, no items heavier than 50 pounds, no pet items, trash or hazardous household chemicals or liquids of any kind. Details: [email protected] or visit www.sobratomurphymusic.com.