Find out events in our South Valley community
Rotary Club of Morgan Hill
- The Rotary Club meets at 12:15pm weekly at The Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center, Hiram Morgan Hill Room – 17000 Monterey Road. Join them for a meeting to learn about their programs that support our local community and abroad. Additional information can be found at: www.morganhillrotary.org/ or email [email protected]
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Country Waffles, 15900 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
- If you love gardening and desire to learn more, meet us at 12:30 – 2pm. We meet monthly in the El Toro room at the MH Community & Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road.
- Games are held at 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected] Also, Stone’s online duplicate game is held Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:25 p.m. on BBO (Bridge Base Online).
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372.
- The Pacheco Pass 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m., at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. It serves youth 5 to 19. They also need adult volunteers. Details: [email protected] or (408) 472-6952 or visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PachecoPass4H
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Tour Morgan Hill Museum
- The Morgan Hill Museum and Hiram Morgan Hill house are now open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with docents to welcome visitors and provide tours. Visit and learn about the rich history of Morgan Hill and see new additions including the artwork of the famous Disney Studio artist and Live Oak High School graduate, Mary Robinson Blair. The Villa Mira Monte grounds are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., where you can enjoy the Centennial History Trail and Rose garden at your leisure.
Energy Efficiency Webinar
- Join a free homeowner energy efficiency and electrification from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. for South County residents. The webinar will feature presentations to help make the process of home energy improvements a breeze. This webinar is perfect for South County homeowners exploring:
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Home electrification — switching from gas to electric appliances
- Residential solar and battery storage
- Rebates and financing options
RSVP at SouthCountyRebates2021.eventbrite.com If you are unable to attend, call a Home Energy Advisor at (866) 878-6008 or visit BayRENresidential.org to learn more and get started on your home improvement journey.
Henry Coe Park Tarantula Festival
- Come to the Coe Park Tarantula Fest and rub elbows (so to speak) with some of the fuzzy, friendly eight-legged guests of honor. The event is held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Coe Ranch campground. Take a leisurely nature walk with a volunteer naturalist and search for tarantulas, or go on a geocaching hike. Hang out at the kids’ activities table and create Tarantula Fest keepsakes. Talk to volunteers from the Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center and listen to them tell you about their wonderful ambassador animals. Enjoy exhibits of other wildlife and the natural world around us. There is a parking fee for day use of $8 per car ($7 senior rate if someone in the vehicle is at least 62). Please carpool to save money and help conserve parking space. Details: www.coepark.net.
Raising the Awareness of Bullying • October is National Bullying Prevention month and one out of every five students report being bullied in school. Join others from 10 a.m. to noon for a community discussion with teachers, educators, Riyani Patel (a 17 year old nationally published author) and a professional athlete on lessening bullying and its effects in our schools. Families are encouraged to attend as the event will be educational, entertaining and inspirational. Details: [email protected]
Mariachi competition, picnic
- The Morgan Hill Historical Society presents a Youth Mariachi Competition and Family Picnic from 2 to 5 p.m., at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Free admission and free children’s arts and crafts. There will be an antique fire truck, a wildlife raptors exhibit by WERC. Bring food or purchase on site. Details: [email protected], or call (408) 839-9103. Current COVID guidelines will be followed.