Discover fun things to do in the South Valley
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
• The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on programs and services for the blind and visually impaired, and many other local programs. Details: (408) 723-1018.
Tuesday and Thursday
Historical Museum Open
• The Gilroy Historical Museum, located at 195 Fifth St., is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the first Saturday of the month.
Wind Symphony Meets
• The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., in the Fellowship Hall of the Grace Hill Church, 16970 DeWitt Ave., Morgan Hill. Bring your instrument and join the group. Details: www.mhws.org.
Flower Lovers Meet
• If you love gardening and have a desire to learn more, meet us from 12:30 to 2 p.m. They meet monthly in the El Toro room at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road.
Embroiderers Guild of America
The Gavilan Hills Chapter seeks new members. Meet at 10:30 a.m. at the Church of Jesus Christ, Latter-day Saints, 1790 E. Dunne Ave., Morgan Hill from through October. Proof of vaccination required. Masks worn indoors. The mission of the EGA is to inspire passion for the needle arts through education and the celebration of its heritage.
• Games are held 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected] Also, Stone’s online duplicate game held Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:25 p.m. on BBO (Bridge Base Online).
Pacheco Pass 4-H Club
• The Pacheco Pass 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m., at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. It serves youth 5 to 19. They also need adult volunteers. Details: [email protected] or (408) 472-6952 or visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PachecoPass4H
• The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
• Women golfing group seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Running Group, Club Run
• The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Tour Morgan Hill Museum
• The Morgan Hill Museum and Hiram Morgan Hill house are now open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with docents to welcome visitors and provide tours. Learn about the rich history of Morgan Hill and see new additions. The Villa Mira Monte grounds are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., where visitors can enjoy the Centennial History Trail and Rose garden at your leisure.
Realtors Happy Hour
Morgan Hill Realtors are invited for Happy Hour at Loma Clara Senior Living, 16515 Butterfield Blvd., from 5 to 7 p.m. Music by Jeff and Juli Strametz. RSVP at (669) 258-3500. Per CDC guidelines proof of vaccination is required.
• Join Saved By Nature for a family-friendly evening outdoors with special guest speaker Jose Gonzalez and music by DJ Shugga Shay from 4 to 9 p.m., at Rancho Canada del Oro Open Space Preserve, 4289 Casa Loma Road. Bring a blanket and/or lawn chair to sit under the stars with popcorn and your favorite drink to relax and watch a movie. Funds raised will support free programming for the community. Admission ranges from $5 to $20 in advance and $30 the day of the event. Tickets for children age 4 to 18 are $5, adult general admission is $20 and children three and younger are free. Tickets include one raffle ticket per adult and two event activity tickets per adult and child. Parking is free. Tickets are available at www.savedbynature.org. Details: [email protected], (408) 627-2760 or www.SavedByNature.org/Bat-Fest.
Dementia Support Group
• Loma Clara will host a group with specialist Stephanie Howard at 2 p.m., in the activity room, 16515 Butterfield Blvd. She will provide information and education on how to support your loved ones and yourself. Details: (669) 258-3500.
3rd Annual Bowling Event
• The California Bowling Writers 3rd Annual Tournament to benefit Operation Freedom Paws, takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at 4th Street Bowl, 1441 4th St., San Jose. This is a USBC certified tournament of three games for $50 that includes $15 to the prize fund. Details: (408) 246-3956 or [email protected]
Got an event or program you’d like to see in our free calendar? E-mail [email protected]