Check out all ongoing, weekly, monthly, seasonal and special events in Morgan Hill and the surrounding areas.
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- The Morgan Hill Al-Anon Discovery Group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Class consists of an introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: email@example.com.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tuesday, Thur. & Sun.
- Drop-in at from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Balls and paddles provided Pickleball is easy to learn, provides a healthy workout, and is lots of fun. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Families and friends have the opportunity to learn from the experiences of others who have faced similar problems with someone’s drinking that bothers them. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Bees, Honey, Work, No Money
- Cera Malech has been keeping bees since 2012 and currently, she maintains nine apiaries in Morgan Hill, San Martin, and Gilroy. Join her as she shares the love of beekeeping from 10 a.m. to noon at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center. The cost is $10. Details: (408) 782-1284.
Free Rooftop Solar Workshop
- Do you have rooftop solar and have questions about your energy bill? Join Silicon Valley Clean Energy for a rooftop solar workshop and intro-duce you to upcoming SVCE programs from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. There will be a short presentation and time afterward to ask staff questions.
MMG 5K and 10K Runs
- Come for the run and stay for the fun as the Morgan Hill Mushroom Mardi Gras 5 and 10K races take place beginning at 7:30 a.m., at the Downtown Amphitheater. Tickets are $25 to $40 and available at www.tinyurl.com/2019mmgfunrun. Proceeds benefit the Live Oak Track and Field team. Details: Cindy Armstrong at (408) 710-0810, email email@example.com and visit www.facebook.com/mmgfunrun. The festival takes place Saturday and Sunday.
- The Valley Transportation Authority, in partnership with the city of Morgan Hill and Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce, are leading a Community-Based Transportation Plan for Morgan Hill at 7 p.m. in the council chambers, 17555 Peak Ave. It’s a plan for transportation solutions that reflect the needs, priorities and values of Morgan Hill. Details: www.vta.org/projects-and-programs/planning/morgan-hill-community-based-transportation-plan.
Summer Book Sale
- The Friends of the Library Summer Book Sale takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the library, 660 W. Main Ave. All books are $1 or less. At 2 p.m., fill a library bag for $5, or bring your own for $4. Children’s books are .10 each. A members-only preview takes place from 9 to 10 a.m. Memberships available at the door.
June 1 & 2
Wine Tasting at Villa Mira Monte
- Taste wine from Mann Cellars and Paradise Valley Vineyards from noon to 5 p.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House, 17860 Monterey Road. Bring a picnic and buy a bottle and enjoy the ambiance. The $5 tasting fee applies at each winery, applies to bottle purchase.
Flower Lovers Meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers Club meets at 12:15 p.m. at the Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Carol Peck, master gardener and California Native Plant Society member will present a program on California plants and how to care for them in your garden.
June 6, 7, 8 & 9
Ramayana on Stage
- Join Hanuman, the monkeys, and princess Ram and Lakshman as they journey to Lanka in their quest to rescue Princess Sita. A dress preview takes place at 7 p.m. June 6 for $15. June 7 the show begins at 7 p.m.; with matinees scheduled for 2 p.m. June 8 and 9. Tickets are $25 to $85 and available at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 847-2717.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Marty Cheek (see all)
- SVCT’s production of ‘Gypsy’ sure to entertain with catchy show tunes - June 1, 2019
- Honoring Those Who Died - June 1, 2019
- CALENDAR: June 5 – June 18, 2019 Morgan Hill Life - June 1, 2019