Women’s Support Group
• An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
• A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dance Lessons
• Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meeting
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
• The group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
• Get some exercise, have some food and drinks and a lot of fun with free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
Car Lovers Meet
• The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
• The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
• Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
• Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
• Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bingo at the CCC
• Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
Ukulele Fans Meet
• The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: email@example.com.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
• The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
• Drop-in at from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Balls and paddles provided Pickleball is easy to learn, provides a healthy workout, and is lots of fun. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
• The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions are needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and has at least one year of experience id free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
• Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
• LeTip group meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
• If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
• These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
• The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
• Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
• Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
• The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
• The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
• Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
• Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
• Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
• The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Families and friends have the chance to learn from the experiences of others who faced similar problems with someone’s drinking that bothers them. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
• This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mike Monroe will present a historical talk about Charles Kellogg from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Villa Mira Monte. He grew up in the 1870s observing the animals and birds and learning outdoor skills. He constructed a mobile home, called the “Travel Log,” out of a redwood tree and drove it around the country to raise awareness of the plight of the California forests. The Travel Log is now on display at Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
National Night Out
• Meet Morgan Hill police officers, firefighters, enjoy ice cream, food trucks, games, prizes, giveaways and live music by Undercover at National Night Out from 5:30 to 8 p.m., on Depot Street near Railroad Park. Details: www.natw.org.
• Ever wonder what it takes to run for office and how local government actually works? Come to Civic Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. at the Community and Cultural Center. Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce board member Lee Neves, owner of CrossCurrentsLLC, a political and governmental relations firm, will detail what it takes to be successful once you put your name on the ballot. Morgan Hill City Manager Christina Turner will talk about how your city government works, from the manager/council form of government.
Community Night of Peace
• Join others at a Community Gathering Night of Peace with live worship music, fellowship, and prayer from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Bring lawn chairs. A prayer and blessing booth and a free hot barbecue and drinks will be available.
Through Aug. 10
• The Morgan Hill Photography Club is presenting a photography exhibition at the Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. It features 25 photographs from 11 artists who interpret the meaning of “Vintage” through diverse and interesting images. The public is invited to attend and view the exhibit every Friday from 12 to 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Details: www.morganhillphotographyclub.org/exhibitions.
Free Parent Workshop
• Take advantage of a free workshop about separation anxiety from 5 to 6 p.m. at Stratford School, 410 Llagas Road.
Food Preservation by Canning
• See what equipment is needed and how easy and rewarding canning can be from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the board room at St. Louise Hospital,9400 No Name Uno, Gilroy. Also, learn the pitfalls and dangers of improper canning methods. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Glenn Lattig
Planning Fall and Winter Gardens
• There are so many types of vegetables you can grow in fall and throughout the winter season, when your tomatoes are gone. Leafy greens, root vegetables, broccoli and other cool season crops will be covered from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. Learn how to grow them successfully and enjoy fresh salads all year. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Joan Cloutier.
Learn About Naval Aviation
• Join retired U.S. Navy Capt. and Naval Aviator, Rich Hinnenkamp, as he talks about his experience in naval aviation training and flying as well as airline and corporate flying from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Morgan Hill Community Center. His presentation will include basic air traffic control, navigation, aircraft simulation technology, as well as aeronautics, aerodynamics and safety. Upon leaving active duty Hinnenkamp joined the naval reserve and had a short career flying for 3M before joining United Air Lines. He retired at the mandatory age of 60 (at that time) as a 747 captain. He then flew corporate jets for 10 years for NetJets. The cost is $10. Reserve a spot by calling (408) 782-1284.
Send items to email@example.com.