AARP Safe Driving Course
• This one-day course for motorists 50 and older takes place periodically. You must call and register to get the current date and location of the class. There are no tests and there is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register call: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dance Lessons
• Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
• This group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
• Free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
• The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. The Lions participate in many events that give back to the community and help provide services for the blind and visually impaired. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
• Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Bingo at the CCC
• Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
Ukulele Fans Meet
• The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: [email protected]
Tuesdays & Thursdays
• The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
• Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Pickleball is easy to learn and is a challenging workout. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
• The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience are free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
• Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
• LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
• If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
• These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
• The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
• Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: [email protected]
Friday Night Bingo
• Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
• Join in a conversation about our local history with a notable contributor to our community and heritage. These events are free and no registration is required. They take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Check schedule and details at www. morganhillhistoricalsociety.org.
Running Group, Club Run
• The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
• Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
• Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
• Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
• The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email [email protected] or visit www.al-anon.org.
Dec. 6 & 7
MHHS Holiday Tea
• The 10th Annual Holiday Tea presented by the Morgan Hill Historical Society takes place at 11:30 a.m. both days at the Hiram Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. The event includes a raffle, silent auction and complimentary Champagne. Children are welcome. Tickets are $65 each and available at www.morganhillhistoricalsociety.org. Details: [email protected] or at (408) 779-6621.
Lions Club Breakfast
• Enjoy pancakes and sausages with Santa from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Rucker School, 325 Santa Clara Ave., Gilroy. The San Martin Lions host this event with the Morgan Hill Lions working the grills. The cost is $5. Details: (408) 723-1018.
Lions Club Meets
• The Lions Club meets at 7 p.m., at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave. This charitable organization, part of Lions International, collects eyeglasses and helps to provide services for the blind and visually impaired. (No meeting Dec. 23.) Details: (408) 723-1018.
Winter Holiday Concert
• Listen to favorite holiday classics from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All are welcome for this performance. Details: www.friendsmhlibrary.org, or call (408) 779-3196.
Dec. 14 & 15
MMS Presents ‘Seussical Jr.’
• “Seussical Jr.,” a colorful, magical adventure brought to life by the Mount Madonna School (MMS) middle school players, takes place at 2 p.m., at the Hawk’s Nest Theater at MMS. Adult tickets are $15; $10 for those 18 and younger and are available at mms-seussical.brownpapertickets.com. All seats are reserved.
Home Depot Chanukah Workshop
• Join Chabad of Morgan Hill and the Home Depot for a free-and-fun-for-the-whole-family workshop from 11 a.m, to 12:30 p.m. Build your own Menorah. Get your own Home Depot craft apron, Fill and decorate your donut. Music and refreshments. Open to children of all ages, and their families. No charge, but RSVP required at www.jewishmh.com/homedepot.
Send items to [email protected]