Teaming together, we can make the world a better place for all
During the holiday season, we celebrate a message shared by many of the world’s faiths — a love for all people and the pursuit of peace. If more individuals throughout the world — and especially those given the responsibility of serving as leaders in government and business – would follow the path of the “Golden Rule,” our planet might indeed be transformed into a paradise for all humanity.
In this season of giving, let us look back at the past at all our blessings and show our appreciation for what we have received. And in this season of celebration, let’s also look forward to the future and the blessings we can give one another.
Imagine a different legacy for our children than the one we are now giving them. Starting with the New Year 2020, let us join together with a common purpose to transform our world. Let us go beyond holiday card sentiments and let us unite with the purpose to truly achieve “peace on Earth” and “goodwill to men.”
We encourage you to unite with us and others in creating a new movement, one that can change the course of history. It’s called “Vision-2020.” With its 20 Golden Goals based on the Golden Rule, we can one day achieve:
- A world where we protect and enhance the traditions of democracy in America and elsewhere.
- A world where popular sovereignty is practiced by all people throughout our planet.
- A world where all national economies are stable to achieve prosperity and the abundance of material blessings for all.
- A world where we encourage the entrepreneurship of small and medium-sized businesses in a spirit of creative capitalism.
- A world where we wean ourselves off our fossil fuel dependence and achieve the technological innovations needed to create millions of well-paying jobs through clean, environmentally sustainable energy industries.
- A world where everyone serves as a good steward in caring for the environment and taking responsibility for the ecological health of our biosphere.
- A world we use our intelligence and imagination to find effective ways to reverse global warming and thus reduce the impact of climate change on civilization by the end of this century.
- A world where all people build connections with each other in activities that celebrate our humanity through the arts and entertainment.
- A world where we transform education by creating learning-based technologies and techniques that are cost-efficient, personally enriching and fun.
- A world where we make available effective tools to learn knowledge and skills for all people regardless of age, income, gender, race, or other factors.
- A world where we protect and enhance the rights of the free press for the defense and enhancement of all our other rights under democratic governance.
- A world where all people have the right to freedom of thought and intellectual openness.
- A world where all individuals, regardless of gender, race, or creed, have diverse opportunities to grow as a true leader to serve the common good.
- A world where women and men are treated fairly and equally in their jobs and careers, positions of authority, and elsewhere.
- A world where all people have an opportunity to enjoy physical and mental health.
- A world where we achieve a permanent peace for all nations by forever ending, through a unity of humankind, all wars, terrorism and other violent conflict.
- A world where for the first time in history all people on our planet are united in a new and true age of enlightenment as we strive to end homelessness, poverty, hunger and physical and psychological abuse.
- A world where all people, regardless of origin or ethnicity, are treated with kindness, compassion, and empathy.
- A world where all nations are united in the mutual pursuit of scientific knowledge and creative intelligence for the benefit of humankind.
- A world where all nations are united in the human exploration of space and the eventual colonization of other planets in our solar system.
Some skeptics will say achieving peace on Earth is an impossible dream. They’re wrong. All we need is a miracle. And all that miracle needs is a critical mass of people who support Vision-2020 and the Golden Goals. They will create a chain reaction of human goodness pushed forward by the power of love. Vision-2020 can inspire millions of people to take action to make our planet a much better home for all members of our human family.
As we enter a brand new year, if you might wish to show your thanks for all your blessings and give your children and all children of the world a legacy of a better future, please take a moment to visit our website page at www.GilroyLife.com/Vision-2020. There, you’ll find out how through the Vision-2020 movement you can join a team of Heroes for Humanity and achieve the ultimate Christmas gift — true and lasting peace in our world.
- Editorial: Be vigilant to lessen the spread of COVID this holiday season - October 30, 2020
- Editorial: Despite COVID-19, Halloween can still be fun this year - October 15, 2020
- Editorial: Let’s amend the state constitution to appoint sheriffs - October 1, 2020