Published in the September 13 – September 26, 2017 issue of Morgan Hill Life
The Taste of Morgan Hill returns Sept. 23 and 24 for a weekend of live music, many interesting booths, beer and wine, local vendors displaying their products and services, lots of food of all kinds (after all, it is The Taste of Morgan Hill), things to do for the entire family — and entry is free. The main stage will be located on East Third Street with live music from noon until 9 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Saturday September 23
Noon to 1:30 p.m. — Mike Osborn a talented guy from the San Jose area plays guitar and sings a variety of rock and blues.
2 to 3:30 p.m. — Rock The Heat performs a mix of classic rock hits.
4 to 6 p.m. — local favorite Shane Dwight and his trio perform a variety of country and blues with some of his well crafted original songs.
6:30 to 9 p.m. — Pacific Soul breaks out with R&B classics, soul and funk along with choreographed moves and strong vocal harmonies.
Sunday September 24
Noon to 1:30 p.m. — Bent plays hard, classic rock
2 to 3:30 p.m. — The Hackjammers playing Classic Rock hits
4 to 6 p.m. — The Fast Lane Band closes the festival with blues and rock classics as well as some jazzy standards featuring local musical husband and wife team Pat and Patty Curtis.
On another note, ALFIO will be making his only Bay Area appearance this year at Guglielmo Winery in Morgan Hill. The Guglielmo brothers, who are friends and fans of ALFIO, were thrilled when he accepted their invitation to perform on the outdoor stage overlooking the beautiful sprawling vineyards. There will be one show the evening of Sept. 24. For tickets and information go to www.guglielmowinery.com or call (408) 779-2145.
The Porchfest Gilroy is back in town Sept. 16 starting at noon. Here is the line-up so come out and see a tremendous variety of free music. Bring a lawn chair!
Noon to 1 p.m.
• 7691 Hanna St. — Cowboy Gil; country, folk, pop
• 7580 Hanna St. — Miko’s Mon’Taj; classic pop,
• 366 5th St. — Bluer than Blue bluegrass, gospel, pop.
1 to 2 p.m.
• 7680 Hanna St. — Cook’NFenny; duo acoustic folk, blues, country
• 7571 Hanna St. — Alpine Duo; accordion & German Folk
• 7441 Hanna St. — Tom Drake blues & rock
• 365 5th St. — Classic Echoes; classic rock.
2 to 3 p.m.
• 7631 Hanna St. — The Morgan Hillbillies; pop and country, ‘40s to ‘60s.
• 7580 Hanna St. — Quantum Leap; jazz and blues
• 7461 Hanna St. — DAVE!!!!; rock & pop
• 366 5th St. — B & G; oldies & easy rock.
3 to 4 p.m.
• 7541 Hanna St. — Pamela Scholz; harpist
• 440 4th St. — George Demarest; folk and rock
• 7441 Hanna St. — Patti Lemon performs jazz.
4 to 5 p.m.
• 7631 Hanna St. — Gilroy Ukulele Jam
• 7570 Hanna St. — Gavilan Jazz Group
5 to 6 p.m.
• 7431 Hanna St. — Train Wreck; pop rock ‘60s to ‘90s
Got a music tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Mark Fenichel (see all)
- Music in the Air . . . with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel – Jazz will be the highlight in San Jose during the month of February - January 12, 2018
- Music in the Air . . . with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel – A new year breeds new music, new venues and new opportunities - December 30, 2017
- Music in the Air . . . with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel – Beloved music teacher brought the gift of harmony to many in MH - December 16, 2017