Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- The Morgan Hill Al-Anon Discovery Group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Class consists of an introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: email@example.com.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
- Drop-in at from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Balls and paddles provided Pickleball is easy to learn, provides a healthy workout, and is lots of fun. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Families and friends have the opportunity to learn from the experiences of others who have faced similar problems with someone’s drinking that bothers them. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flower Lovers Meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers Club meets at 12:15 p.m. at the Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Carol Peck, master gardener and California Native Plant Society member will present a program on California plants and how to care for them in your garden.
June 6, 7, 8 & 9
Ramayana on Stage
- Join Hanuman, the monkeys, and princess Ram and Lakshman as they journey to Lanka in their quest to rescue Princess Sita. A dress preview takes place at 7 p.m. June 6 for $15. June 7 the show begins at 7 p.m.; with matinees scheduled for 2 p.m. June 8 and 9. Tickets are $25 to $85 and available at email@example.com or call (408) 847-2717.
Downtown Historic Walking Tour
- Experience the rich history of the buildings in downtown Morgan Hill from 10 .m. to noon and walk into the past and learn about the buildings and the characters who built, owned and operated them through the years. Docent led tours are free, donations graciously accepted. Meet in from of Coffee Guys.
Henry Coe State Park Run & Walk
- Enjoy exercise, friendship and family fun at the Henry W. Coe State Park 5K/10K Fun Run & Walk at 9 a.m. at the park. Tickets are $10 to $40 and available at www.coepark.net/hh5k10k. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 324-9737. Parking limited, carpool if possible.
Summer Kick Off
- Get ready for the summer with the CRC Teen Center from 4 to 8 p.m. Come for delicious food, tropical drinks, lei making, tribal tattoos, music and more. Details: email@example.com or call (408) 310-4273.
June 10 – Aug. 2
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
- Gain experience in food service, teamwork, and working with children and families while providing lunch to the children in the community. Shifts are from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday and earn $700. Duties include setting up, serving meals, recording information, cleaning before and after, helping with crafts and activities for children and assisting library staff as needed. Must be 16 and older. Email Saralyn Otter at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, and why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Are you lacking the space for a vegetable garden? Container gardening may solve that problem. Learn which plant varieties do well in containers of various sizes and shapes, and how to prepare the soil, from 10 a.m. to noon at the St. Louise Teaching and Demonstration Garden, 9400 No Name Uno. Presented by Master Gardener Jenny Redfern.
Coyote Creek Concours d’Elegance
- The Coyote Creek Concours d’Elegance debuts on the 18th fairway of the Coyote Creek Golf Club. A host of classic cars will join some featured marques that include American sports cars, imports sports and passenger cars, British cars, exotics and more. Proceeds benefit Operation Freedom Paws. Volunteer opportunities available. The day before, there will be a private driving tour to the legendary Laguna Seca Raceway that includes a catered lunch. First come, first served basis. Cost is $90 for driver and $50 for each additional co-pilot. Details: (408) 217-8097 or visit www.coyotecreekconcours.com.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.