FIND OUT WHAT’S HAPPENING IN MORGAN HILL IN OUR CALENDAR
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Morgan Hill Walking Group
Join this walking group and get some exercise and make friends. They meet at Walsh Elementary School, 353 W. Main Ave., at 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for a one-hour walk and at 9 a.m. Saturday for a 90-minute walk. They are at a moderate pace, rain or shine. Everyone is welcome, including dogs. Details: Call (408) 779-7592 or (408) 7670-3492 or e-mail email@example.com.
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- This group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
- Bridge games are held at noon at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. The Lions participate in many events that give back to the community and help provide services for the blind and visually impaired. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50 adults in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
Bingo at the CCC
- The doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start at 5:45 p.m., regular games at 6:30 p.m. in the Hiram Morgan Hill Room, at Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Must be 18 to play.
- Each meditation session includes introduction, guidance, 20-minute silent sit, followed by Q and A, from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m., at Art of Yoga, 16165 Monterey Road, #200. Details: www.artofyogamorganhill.com.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience are free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: pachecopass4H1@gmail.com.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Join in a conversation about local history with a notable contributor to the community and heritage. Free and no registration is required. They take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Details: www. morganhillhistoricalsociety.org.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through Jan. 29
Photo Club Exhibit
- The Morgan Hill Photography Club presents an exhibition at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road, themed “Urban Exploration.” It features 53 photographs taken by 20 artists. The public is invited to attend an Artists’ Reception from 6 to 8 p.m., Jan. 10. Details: www.morganhillphotographyclub.org/exhibitions.
Mysteries of Cosmos at Calero
- Explore the mysteries of our cosmos from Calero County Park from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Discover night phenomena with family and friends in a free, youth-oriented night hike designed to ignite curiosity. Ages 9-14 and older. Reservations required. Details and reservations: Call (408) 918-7779.
Learn Bridge in a Day
- A fast, fun way to Learn the basics of Bridge from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Centennial Center, 171 W. Edmundson Ave. Details and to sign up, call (408) 782-2128 or (831) 801-9257.
Sobrato, Murphy Music Fundraiser
- Bring your friends and family to an open skate from 6:15 to 7:45 p.m. or from 7:45 to 9:15 p.m. at the Silver Creek Sports Complex, 800 Embedded Way, San Jose. The cost is $10 per skater and $5 skate/in-line skate rental. All fees will be donated to the Sobrato and Murphy Music Association. Participants must have a waiver on file. Get one at www.gotoplex.com/waiver.
Father, Daughter Dance
- An evening for the special princess in your life from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Community Center. Enjoy a night of dining, music, and dancing. If a father is unavailable, grandfather, uncles or family friends are welcome. Please register those attending. To register, visit www.mhreconline.com – activity # WSY001.
Jan. 29 & 31
Census 2020 Hiring Events
- Be a part of the census and earn $30 to $33 per hour. Events are from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce 7471 Monterey Road, and Friday at the Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce, 17485 Monterey Road.
Send items to email@example.com.