Find out what’s happening in our community
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Morgan Hill Walking Group
- Join this walking group and get some exercise and make friends. They meet at Walsh Elementary School, 353 W. Main Ave., at 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for a one-hour walk and at 9 a.m. Saturday for a 90-minute walk. They are at a moderate pace, rain or shine. Everyone is welcome, including dogs. Details: Call (408) 779-7592 or (408) 7670-3492 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- From 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
Line Dance Lessons
- Free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Sinaloa Café, 17535 Monterey Road.
- Bridge games are held at noon at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. The Lions participate in many events that give back to the community and help provide services for the blind and visually impaired. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50 adults in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bingo at the CCC
- The doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start at 5:45 p.m., regular games at 6:30 p.m. in the Hiram Morgan Hill Room, at Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Must be 18 to play.
- Each meditation session includes introduction, guidance, 20-minute silent sit, followed by Q and A, from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m., at Art of Yoga, 16165 Monterey Road, #200. Details: www.artofyogamorganhill.com.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: email@example.com.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tues., Thurs. & Sun.
- Drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Equipment provided. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind instrument and has at least one year of experience are free to join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some networking and the chance to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: pachecopass4H1@gmail.com.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Join in a conversation about local history with a notable contributor to the community and heritage. Free and there is no registration is required. They take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Hiram Morgan Hill House. Details: www. morganhillhistoricalsociety.org.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Jan. 29 & 31
Census 2020 Hiring Events
- Be a part of the census and earn $30 to $33 per hour. Events are from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce 7471 Monterey Road, and Friday at the Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce, 17485 Monterey Road.
Senior Bike Ride
- Join others for a fun 10-mile bike ride from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Coyote Creek Trail Head at Malaguerra Avenue. Hosted by the Morgan Hill Aging Council.
Flower Lovers Meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers Club meets the first Wednesday of the month from 12:15 to 2 p.m., at the Community & Cultural Center at 17000 Monterey Road. Master Gardeners or flower activities are featured at the beginning of the meeting. Desserts and beverages will be served. The speaker will present Valentines to add to your garden.
Winter Book Sale
- The Friends of the Morgan Hill Library will have a Winter Book Sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library 660 W. Main Ave. More than 600 books to choose from and all books will sell for $1 or less. DVDs and CDs $1 per disc, and children’s books 10 cents each. The last hour there will be a bag sale. Bring a standard-sized bag and fill it for $4 or bring the reusable library bag and fill it for $5. Friends of the Morgan Hill Library can enter at 9 a.m. Join at the door and enter early.
Homeowners Assistance Program
- Learn more about the new Empower Homebuyers SCC program that provides down payment assistance loans to first-time homebuyers up to 17 percent of the purchase price. The program is available for households who have low to moderate incomes and takes place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill City Council Chambers, 17555 Peak Ave. RSVP for this event at empowermorganhill2020.eventbrite.com. Information about other housing assistance programs will also be available. A mini Homebuyer Fair following the presentation will provide additional housing, lending, and real estate resources. More information about this program is available at housingtrustsv.org/empower.
Send items to firstname.lastname@example.org.