Published in the March 28 – April 10, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A refresher course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, class materials and instructor provided by AARP. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion of this one-day class. Details and to register, call (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s support group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.Mondays & Thursdays
- Games at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space to play games and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. This program is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. Permission slip needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon experience the history of downtown. Walk into the past and learn about the buildings and the characters who built and who operated them through the years. Tours are free, donations welcome. Meet at the 3rd Street Plaza outside Coffee Guys.
Easy to Grow California Native Plants
- Learn about beautiful California native plants that are easy to grow in your home garden from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. You can attract butterflies, birds, beneficial insects and pollinators with these drought tolerant plants. Compact natives ideal for small spaces will be discussed. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Carol Peck.
Around the World in 30 Instruments
- Touring duo, Four Shillings Short, will play traditional music from the Celtic Lands, Europe, India and the Americas on a collection of world instruments, from 7 to 8 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. The event is free.
Meet Armand Baltazar
- Armand Baltazar has written a fabulous middle reader. “Timeless – Diego and the Rangers of the Vastlantic,” the first in a new science fiction/fantasy series that explores a world painted new by the Time Collision. Get an insider’s look at the making and development of this best-selling middle reader at 4 p.m., at BookSmart, 1295 E. Dunne Ave., Suite 120.Details: (408) 778-6467.
Beer and Paint Party
- Learn to paint an art piece step by step from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Running Shop and Hops, 17500 Depot St. You will receive a canvas, paint, brushes, apron, and two hours of instruction for $35 per person. Profits go to Sobrato Band. Beer available for purchase at venue. For more information and reservations, contact Jodi Gonzales at (408) 234-2442 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Make checks payable to Patty Curtis.
Art Of Yoga Welcomes Artist
- Join Art of Yoga from 7 to 9 p.m. as they welcome artist Elissa Nesheim. Elissa, who will unveil her watercolors. Elissa brings her love of landscapes into her paintings. She also paints whimsical owls in everyday settings. Art Of Yoga is located at 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Refreshments will be served. Details: (408) 782-4109.
Learning and Loving Center
- Celebrate the 2018 Morgan Hill “Nonprofit of the Year,” the Learning and Loving Education Center of Morgan Hill at the nonprofit’s annual fundraiser from 5 to 9 p.m., at St. Catherine’s Parish Hall, 17400 Peak Ave. Join them as they go back in time and celebrate the rich history and abundance of Santa Clara Valley with community spirit, music, dance, silent auction, “Wine Heist” and farm to table dining. Bring two bottles of wine and get a ticket good for the “Wine Heist” drawing during the event. Tickets are $65 (dinner, beverage and entertainment) and may be purchased at Eventbrite at learningandloving-valleyofheartsdelight.eventbrite.com, online at www.learningandloving.org, Booksmart, or at email@example.com. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 776-1196.
Jake’sFest is Coming
- Check out the inaugural Jake’sFest fundraiser and bring your craft beer, wine, and dog-loving friends. This indoor/outdoor benefit is hosted by The Grapevine and Running Shop and Hops in downtown. There will be a silent auction, dog-related vendors, live music with Beagle at the Door, food trucks, sales of beer and wine, and more. All proceeds go to help Jake’s Wish Dog Rescue save more shy, injured, abandoned, or otherwise at-risk dogs. They are an all-volunteer organization so all dollars go to help them cover vaccinations, food, supplies, and spay/neuter. Tickets are $15 online ($20 at the door) and available at www.jakesfest.eventbrite.com. Details: email@example.com or visit www.jakeswishrescue.org.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR – Published in the April 25 – May 8, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life - April 20, 2018
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR – Published in the April 11 – 24, 2018 Issue of Morgan Hill Life - April 6, 2018
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR – Published in the March 28 – April 10, 2018 issue of Morgan Hill Life - March 23, 2018