Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email [email protected]
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or [email protected]
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email [email protected]
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
- Class consists of an introduction of the session, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief interactive discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. There is a suggested donation of $5, but no one will be turned away.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tuesday, Thur. & Sun.
- Drop-in at from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Balls and paddles provided Pickleball is easy to learn, provides a healthy workout, and is lots of fun. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, Fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values. Meetings are 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club is looking for new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email [email protected]
Through April 6
Pintello Presents ‘Opening Night’
- Pintello Comedy Theater presents “Opening Night,” which continues the family theater’s 16-year tradition of presenting new plays with local actors and plenty of humor. Opening Friday evening March 15, the play runs Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. for four weekends, closing Saturday, April 6, with one Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. March 31. Details are online at PintelloComedy.com or at (408) 337-1599, or email [email protected] Shows play at the Gilroy Grange Hall, 8191 Swanston Drive, Gilroy.
CV Open Space Preserve Hike
- Join a tour of Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meet at the CRC lobby at 9:30 a.m. This is a four-mile hike and moderately strenuous with several uphill grades. Bring water, lunch or snack, a camera, sunscreen, a hat and a sense of adventure. There are restrooms in the parking lot but none on the trail.
Help Plan Multi-Use Trail
- In coordination with the Santa Clara Valley Water District’s upcoming flood control project, the city of Morgan Hill is planning for a future multi-use trail from Watsonville Road to Lake Silveira. A meeting to discuss this effort and project takes place at 6 p.m. in the Morgan Hill City Council Chambers, 17555 Peak Ave. Details: Chris Ghione at [email protected] or (408) 782-9154.
Eat to Benefit OFP
- Enjoy an all-you-can-eat pasta event at 6 p.m. at Old City Hall, 7400 Monterey Road, with proceeds benefitting Operation Freedom Paws, which matches disabled veterans with rescue dogs, then trains them to become certified service dog teams. Tickets are $25 and available at www.ofppastafeed.eventbrite.com or at (408) 641-7137.
Flower Lovers Meet
- The Morgan Hill Flower Lovers meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center. They will discuss the annual flower show and hear a presentation on planting a container garden for your yard or patio.
- The South Valley Fleurs annual plant sale with heirloom tomatoes, vegetables, plants and unique garden accessories takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Community Garden, on Butterfield Boulevard between E. Dunne Avenue and E. Main St. Details: (408) 782-9392 or [email protected]
Learn Bridge in a Day
- Pack a lunch and learn the fundamentals of Bridge, refresh your skills and join the fun with friends who play from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Centennial Recreation Center, 171 W. Edmundson Ave. Reserved seating only. Please register in advanced at the CRC. The cost is $25 per person. Bring a friend and save $5 each. Details: (831) 801-9257, or [email protected]
- Enjoy a conversation with a notable contributor to the city’s community and heritage from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Hiram Morgan House at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. This is a monthly interactive series where the public can participate in the conversation or just listen and learn. These events are free and no reservations are required.
- Celebrate 90 years of Future Farmers of America in Morgan Hill at the 16th Annual Spring Auction, beginning at 5:30 p.m. at Guglielmo Winery, 1480 E. Main Ave. There will be wine, food, and both a silent and live auction. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Proceeds benefit the Live Oak and Sobrato FFA clubs. Details: [email protected]
April 6 & 7
- Taste wine from Mann Cellars & Paradise Valley Vineyards from noon to 5 p.m. at the Hiram Morgan Hill House at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. Bring a picnic snack and buy a bottle and enjoy the ambiance. There is a $5 tasting fee that applies at each winery, applies to bottle purchase.
Free Health Screenings
- Saint Mary Parish, Congregation Emeth, Morgan Hill and Congregation Shir Hadash, Los Gatos host the Healthy Living Health Fair offering free cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes screenings, free dental exams and treatment, free eye exams and hearing tests, health insurance and nutritional information all on a first come, first serve basis. The free event takes place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Mary’s Church, Gilroy, 11 First St., Details: (408) 842-8149 or [email protected]
Send calendar items to [email protected]
- Featured SFGate story: This Morgan Hill yard is straight out of “Pirates of the Caribbean” - October 25, 2020
- Last-minute write-in candidate qualifies for Morgan Hill mayoral race - October 21, 2020
- Morgan Hill Community Foundation celebrates the 2020 Philanthropy Award Honorees Nov. 13 - October 20, 2020