Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A one-day course for 50 and older takes place periodically. Must call and register to get current date and location. No tests. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. A discount on auto insurance is available upon completion. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons take place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave., San Martin.
Food Addicts Meeting
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave., Morgan Hill. Details: 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Al-Anon Discovery Group Meets
- The Morgan Hill Al-Anon Discovery Group meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte 17860 Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Second, fourth Mondays
Lions Club Morgan Hill
- The Lions Club meets at Mama Mia’s, 275 E. Dunne Ave., at 7 p.m. They focus on worldwide programs and services for the blind and visually impaired and in many local programs. Details: (408) 723 1018.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Bridge games are held at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays & Fridays
Get Moving for Healthier Aging
- Join other older-than-50s in a class to keep you mobile. The first class is free. Check out the special offer of $2 per class (normally $3). This class takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. at Machado School, 15130 Sycamore Ave. Contact Alison at (408) 779 2399 or email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bingo at the CCC
- Doors open at 4:15 p.m., early bird games start 5:45, regular games at 6:30 in the Hiram Morgan Hill room, at Community and Cultural Center. Must be 18 to play.
Ukulele Fans Meet
- The Ukulele Society meets from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave. All levels welcome. Details: email@example.com.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently used clothing and household items. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday
- Drop-in at from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Free for CRC members, $8 for non-member seniors. Balls and paddles provided Pickleball is easy to learn, provides a healthy workout, and is lots of fun. Details: www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions needed, openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a wind symphony instrument and have at least one year of experience can join.
Recovering From Addiction
- Thrive! provides support, information and education for family recovery. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. Details: Karen at (408) 666-5533.
LeTip Morgan Hill
- LeTip meets from 7:01 a.m. to 8:31 a.m. at Rosy’s at the Beach, 17320 Monterey Road, to exchange qualified leads, build relationships and learn to promote each other. Join them for breakfast, some serious networking in a fun environment, and the opportunity to highlight your business. Details: LeTip-MorganHill.com.
South Valley Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you may enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners
- The Gilroy Ladies Gavilan Niners Golf Club seeks new members: Details (408) 832-6372 or (408) 981-8551.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Running Group, Club Run
- The South Valley Running Club is hosting a group run at 8 a.m. Various distances. All levels welcome. Membership is not required. Details: www.svrchome.org.
Weekly Bike Rides
- Join others for a no-drop 15- 25-mile road ride around Morgan Hill. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at Bike Therapy, 17540 Depot St.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. Songs available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Downtown History Walk
- Take a tour from 10 a.m. to noon and experience the history of downtown Morgan Hill. Tours are free, donations are welcome. Meet at the Third Street Plaza.
- The Al-Anon Sunday Seekers of Serenity Group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Bible Church, 15055 Monterey Road. Families and friends have the chance to learn from the experiences of others who faced similar problems with someone’s drinking that bothers them. Details: Call (757) 563-1600, email email@example.com or visit www.al-anon.org.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share your grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. in downtown Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Resident Swim Day
- Residents are welcome to spend the day (11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) splashing into fun at the Morgan Hill Aquatics Center on Condit Road for free with proof of residency.
Friday Night Music Series
- The annual Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce Friday Night Music Series has started and will continue 11 more weeks through Aug. 30. This is a free, family-friendly event that draws hundreds of people to the Downtown Amphitheater to dance, talk with friends, visit some of the vendor booths or enjoy a glass of wine or beer. The shows begin at 6 with opening acts and conclude about 9:30 p.m., Beer and wine will be available beginning at 5 p.m.
Coyote Creek Concours d’Elegance
- The Coyote Creek Concours d’Elegance debuts on the 18th fairway of the Coyote Creek Golf Club. A host of classic cars will join some featured marques that include American sports cars, imports sports and passenger cars, British cars, exotics and much more. Proceeds benefit Operation Freedom Paws in San Martin. Volunteer opportunities are available. The day before, there will be a private driving tour to the legendary Laguna Seca Raceway that includes a catered lunch. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Cost is $90 for driver and $50 for each additional co-pilot. Details: (408) 217-8097 or visit www.coyotecreekconcours.com.
- The 16th Annual Spring Auction promises to be a night to enjoy and remember. Guests will be treated to complimentary appetizers and delicious desserts served throughout the evening as well as some of the finest wine and beverages in the valley. Proceeds benefit the Future Farmers of America students and agricultural programs at Live Oak and Sobrato high schools. The event takes place from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Guglielmo Winery, 1480 E. Main Ave. Details: Kris at (408) 683-2391 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ffaspringauction.weebly.com.
June 24 – July 19
STAR Summer Day Camps
- Act, dance, sing and have fun at the Summer Day Camp Musical Theater. Practices are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday with performances July 19 and 20. For children ages 8 to 16 at Brownell Middle School, 7800 Carmel St. Details: www.starartseducation.wixsite.com/star.
June 24 – July 12
STAR Gilroy Video Summer Camp
- Learn video production at the STAR Gilroy Video Summer Camp. Classes are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday with the Nova Film Festival held July 12. For children ages 10 to 16. Details: M. Abad at (408) 832-7148.
Summer Fun in the Park
- Come to an evening of fun activities and free gifts at Summer Fun in the Park at Galvan Park, 17666 Crest Ave. Parents can learn about free services offered by local nonprofit organizations and government agencies, while children can enjoy engaging activities at the dozens of vendor booths. Free food to the first 250 attendees. The fun runs from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Acoustics Al Fresco
- Enjoy an afternoon of outdoor entertainment, food, friends and libations at Bubbles and Brew Bistro, 17105 Monterey Road. The event, which takes place from noon to 5 p.m., benefits the South Valley Symphony. Admission is free.
July 12 – Aug. 16
Learn to Provide Support
- Certified Volunteer Advocates provide support for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking. Once certified, volunteers can lead prevention, education and outreach presentations; assist with legal advocacy and court accompaniment; and provide support to survivors. The next training will be held every Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Applications for this training are due by June 30, 2019. Details and/or to request an application: Elizabeth Angulo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (669) 205-2781.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Calendar of Events - September 21, 2019
- Calendar of Events: Published in the September 11 -24, 2019 issue of Morgan Hill Life - September 7, 2019
- Calendar of Events: Published in the August 28 – September 10, 2019 Issue of Morgan Hill Life - August 23, 2019